Original topic:

Anyone have HDR issue on S21? HDR is always being applied eventhough is off.

(Topic created on: 02-15-2022 11:09 AM)
pikaboomm
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Does anyone have this issue where in camera settings, regardless Auto HDR toggle is on or off, the final taken output photo will always have HDR applied. 

*HDR and Scene Optimizer are both disabled. 

This ruined alot of photo. Sometimes a good contrast makes the image has a focus point/subject and also make the image less flat. 

*Currently on latest OneUI 4.0 December updates.

Is there a way to solve this? 

4 Comments
DavidLee1999
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
From the video you provided, I see no difference, but I do know HDR ruins photo sometimes, HDR is best scenery, ut for low light situation like the video your provided, it does effect the quality of your photo, I would recommend you to turn on Scene Optimise, and turn off the HDR. If you want a better photo, you can try use Pro Camera, which you can manually tune the focus on the object that you wanted to capture.
0 Likes
pikaboomm
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
but pro mode are only limited to rear camera and cannot access front facing camera. The HDR effect is force applied on both front and rear camera. Scene Optimizer on or not i don't see a difference in terms of post processing either.
0 Likes
OliverMan
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Facing the same issue on my S21+ with HDR getting applied to all the photos (from rear and front both cameras). It's really annoying and ruins almost every photo. Is there any solution? Please help. 

0 Likes
pikaboomm
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
apparently there is no fix as of now. Just tested s22 base n ultra demo unit in store yesterday, it has the same HDR issues being applied to all photos. Apparently latest Iphone also has this "issues". Could b Samsung vs Apple thingy again. 🤷‍♂️
0 Likes