Original topic:

Apps running at background while screen lock

(Topic created on: 10-29-2022 11:27 PM)
Yuwk
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Samsung Community. I'm a S21 FE user but the phone model is not a big deal, more like a software?? problem.

So, whenever I unlock my screen with fingerprints, my finger position is near the messages app or browser app like in the picture. It will open the messages or browser app after I unlock the phone with fingerprints (only fingerprints, no problem with pin method) and it opens twice if I swipe out instantly. This happens like 4 - 6 times a day for like 50 times attempt of unlocking my phone.

This doesn't annoy me until I need to post this problem, but it's that I pretty sure I didn't open my phone that long until 2hour 28 min on this app, so that's mean it run at the background even though I lock my screen. That's the real problem here.

I know I can just remove all the app near the fingerprint area so that it didn't happen. But the app run in the background even though my screen was lock. It only happens this time, but I still want to let you guys aware of this (software??) problem. And I want to know is there any solutions for this kind of problem.

Yes, my home screen is that boring :) lol

The messages app and browser app are the fingerprint areaThe messages app and browser app are the fingerprint areaScreenshot_20221029-230414_Digital Wellbeing.jpg

10 Comments
DanCarter10
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Your storage almost full 😂
0 Likes
Yuwk
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

🤫🤫

0 Likes
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Looks like an issue with touch screen sensitivity to me. Have you tried to clean the screen using an alcohol swab or screen cleaner?
Also, good idea to test your screen using internal test feature.
Yuwk
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I never clean my screen with alcohol swab, but I did clean it with just spectacles cloth.

I just found the internal test feature you mentioned just now, ngl I won't use that cuz it's kinda scary and I wouldn't want to find out the other issues on my screen haha.

But still thank you for the suggestion.

0 Likes
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Cleaning with alcohol swab or screen wipes can clean dirty layer which is unable to be clearly wiped by normal cloth. Plus, finding the issue I believe is way better than keep on guessing what's the problem. Anyways, fully understood and respect your concern.

All the best. 👌🏻😉
Galaxy S
I used to experience this issue on my Tab S8 Ultra, where my finger will automatically register the touch to open the apps near the scanner area right after I unlocked the device by using fingerprint method.

What I did to solve the issue was to quickly lift my finger right after touching the scanner area (since the scanner can scan your fingerprint rather quickly, why would you held your finger on the screen for some time haha)

The recent update has fixed this issue, since I no more experience this unintended touch problem.
0 Likes
Yuwk
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Yeah, the scanner is pretty quick, but I get used to put my finger longer cuz my previous phone had a hella slow fingerprint scanner, but I tried my best to lift my fingers quicker right after this.

Btw, my screen protector is very very like very low quality, so probably that's the problem too.

And thank you for your reply. Will update to you soon.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
sure. have a nice day 1667099603486.gif
0 Likes
Galaxy S
And for the app running in the background, you can try to put those apps in deep sleep mode.

Apart from preventing it from running in the background, this will improve your battery performance too.
0 Likes