Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Decreasing battery when charging

(Topic created on: 11-02-2022 07:11 AM)
Alver0318
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hello so I am curious as to why my battery percentage is decreasing even when im charging using the authentic 25W adapter of samsung and original cable

My unit is S21 Ultra

So this is when it happens, when I am using mobile data, hotspot, video call simultaneously my charging gets so slow that it would take around 30minutes to add 1% in my battery level but at the same time it could also decrease the battery level while charging when I am using mobile data, hotspot and videocall simultaneously

It decreases but at a slow rate like the charging speed and the consumed power speed rate is fighting each other but the consumed rate is a little higher

Is it normal that the battery percentage decreases when charging

I think it is not normal even if I use mobile data, hotspot, and videp call simultaneously it should still charge and not decrease the battery

By the way my brightness is only at 20% 

So while I am writing this I am using mobile data, mobile hotspot, videocall and i am charging, the battery level went down from 64 to 63% it is charging but the battery went down at a slow rate

It only happens when I am simultaneously using things that drain battery fast but I think the 25w charger SHOULD still handle those load but in my case its not. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Alver0318
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes, is 5G too power consuming?

View solution in context

8 Comments
Galaxy S
Yeah, that is normal as you are maximizing the phone to the point that the charging with 25W isn't compensating to the consumption of energy needed. 😄

Using data and hotspot alone is already and power consumer. Then you added the video calling feature. 😁
0 Likes
Alver0318
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
But with other device such as my huawei P40 pro (40W) before it doesnt happen or in my Huawei Nova 5T which has only 22.5W of charging speed
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Well your P40 has a 40W charger, while your Nova 5T isn't using a flagship processor. As more powerful processors demand more power than midrange processors. 😊

It's like comparing to a car and a sports car. The latter is better, but consumes more gasoline than the other. 😄
0 Likes
Alver0318
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Nova 5T uses flagship processor it was Kirin 980 which is a flagship processor for Huawei P30 series

And it still doesnt change the fact that I am also using Mobile data, mobile hotspot and videocall who are power hungry simultaneously on that phone while only on a 22.5W charging
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Probably better optimization or probably you were using 5G for the S21 Ultra.
0 Likes
Solution
Alver0318
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes, is 5G too power consuming?
Galaxy S
Yeah, 5G is a power drain especialpy if signal is harder to find.
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy S

Thank you, Alver0318, for sharing your battery consumption & depletion experience here, while using your Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.

And thanks to our dear Samsung members who were really helpful in providing answers to your inquiry that led to your self-discovery of possible answers.

For more battery charging tips, you may click the link below.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/galaxy-battery/charging-tip/ 

For more assistance, you may contact us on our online Samsung support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or Contact our Samsung direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 22 111 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM)

If the problem persists, immediately bring your device to nearest Samsung Authorized Service Center.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/

Hope this content is helpful.

Make sure to click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button in your subsequent response, if we have satisfied your inquiry.

0 Likes