Original topic:

Disable "Power Off" When Holding Volume Down and Power Button

(Topic created on: 10-18-2021 07:40 PM)
curricula
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hello!

I don't want to have the "power off" options when holding the side keys (1) volume down and (2) power button.

Is is possible to disable it? Thank you!

Regards,
Brie
18 Comments
Galaxy S
power button alone will prompt power off options regardless if you press vol- or not ..

If you want to disable power off options when holding the sidekey button, simply search for sidekey in settings under advanced features.
curricula
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hello. Side Key can be searched under Advanced Features, but you cannot unassociate the volume down & power button from power options.
Galaxy S
what's your purpose of holding down both power and vol- button?
curricula
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
When I hold both power and volume down buttons -- the power options (turn off, restart, etc) appear.. But I don't want those. :(( I want nothing to happen when I hold both power and volume down buttons.
Galaxy S
It is what it is, there's no option on disabling it😉

better not hold them tho, if you don't want the options to appear😅
curricula
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thank you. The reason why I asked is because -- in the event that the phone is stolen, the bad guy could turn it off right away.. It might be too late for me to hard lock and manage my phone's data and locations through "Find My Mobile" since the bad guy has already turned my phone off.

Anyway, thank you for confirming. :))
Galaxy S
if the device is locked and secured with pin/password/pattern, it will ask for the pin/pw before you can turn it off😉
curricula
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Wow! That's a really good point. I guess my only concern left is how to avoid the force reboot/restart when holding the power and volume down buttons for a long period... I realized you can't fully control your phone thru Find My Mobile when your phone has been rebooted. :'((
Galaxy S
you can still fully control it after a force restart 😉 I tried it and I was able to lock and locate mine 😊