cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

No camera shutter animation when taking photos in Camera App (S23 Ultra)

(Topic created on: 03-10-2023 11:46 PM)
MichaelGiordan23
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S

Hi all,

I've had my S23 Ultra for a month now. Since then, I noticed there is no camera shutter/capture animation when i press the shutter button and take photos in the Camera app. This means I have to look at the gallery preview at the bottom left of the camera app screen to know if a photo was indeed successfully taken or not. See video below. 

Is there a way to turn on or restore the camera shutter/capture animation when I press the shutter button?

I have already reset the device, reset it to factory settings, ran the phone on safe mode, and I thought the software update yesterday would fix the issue. The camera app is also updated. To no avail though. The issue persists.  Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Do you have Remove animations turned on?

View solution in context

4 Comments
Solution
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Do you have Remove animations turned on?
MichaelGiordan23
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Thank you so much, that worked!

Turning it off restores the camera shutter capture animation. I just didn't think turning on Remove Animations would affect the camera app also!

Since day 1, I kept Remove Animations turned on as it makes the phone feel so much snappier and appear faster. Oh well, that's the trade off I'll have to make. I think I can sacrifice the camera shutter capture animation for a snappier overall UI experience.

Thank you again!

TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy S

Hello MichaelGiordan23,

Thanks for letting us know here about your camera experience while trying out the camera shutter animation when taking photos.

Also, thanks to Khaled75's help, you were able to figure out and come up with the solution that you were looking for.

Stay safe and have a nice day ahead! Thanks for contacting Samsung.

LePatay
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi, I'm facing the same issue: I absolutely hate the animations, but I'd still like some kind of a confirmation when I take a picture! Every other camera app has a shutter animation even when the animations are disabled: a black screen, a white screen, a blink, a white border around the picture, a brief freeze of the preview screen ...

@TeamGalaxyRene, is there anything you can do about this? I don't want to use the other apps, they are full of ads, useless features, and not as fast. We don't even need the actual "animation" of the shutter closing and opening, just ... any screen that would give some feedback to the person taking the photo, to prevent them from pressing the button over and over again.

0 Likes