Did you mean: 

Original topic:

No macro?

(Topic created on: 09-18-2022 07:26 PM)
Annlulex
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
My sister is thinking of getting the Ultra, but she is a bit disappointed that the S22 series does not have a macro mode. I tried shooting really near to the subject to see how close to a macro shot I can get from the S22Plus. Not bad for a cropped photo of a tiny screw, details can be seen even when zooming. Doing the "macro" shots is kinda hit and miss, but stable hands and ample lighting are the key. I think I also turned the Detail Enhancer on.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
The S22 Ultra has a dedicated automatic 'macro mode' that activates when you're shooting an object up close. It utilizes the ultrawide lens to focus better and get those zoomed-in macro shots. For the base S22 and S22+, sadly there isn't a 'macro mode' for it, but you can do great macro-like shots by utilizing the 3x tele lens and backing off a little bit.

View solution in context

6 Comments
Solution
Galaxy S
The S22 Ultra has a dedicated automatic 'macro mode' that activates when you're shooting an object up close. It utilizes the ultrawide lens to focus better and get those zoomed-in macro shots. For the base S22 and S22+, sadly there isn't a 'macro mode' for it, but you can do great macro-like shots by utilizing the 3x tele lens and backing off a little bit.
Annlulex
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
What do you mean automatic macro mode? Is it different from the Detail Enhancer that gets activated when shooting close-up objects?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Ultra will auto adjust for macro shots. As stated by James the S22 & + doesn't.

Try using the "Expert RAW" app of Samsung for the Ultra for manual controls. It's for professional photography and has better controls. 😊
0 Likes
Annlulex
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I installed it already, trying out how it differs from the built-in Pro Mode.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Looks great. Spot on focus.
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Thank you, Annlulex, for sharing your & your sister's great interest in buying Samsung Galaxy phone as well both your experience using the Samsung Galaxy device camera macro shot features.

For more detailed information about Samsung Galaxy S22 ultra, you may click the below link.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/smartphones/galaxy-s22-ultra/ 

0 Likes