Original topic:

One UI 5.0 Beta

(Topic created on: 08-07-2022 07:15 AM)
benSJS
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Hi, is there anyone who was able to flash OneUI 5 beta on their S22 here in Malaysia? I'm wondering if it's safe to do so... Wouldn't want to lose all my data or risk damaging my phone 😅.

By the way, Samsung if you're reading this, please bring OneUI Beta to Malaysia 🙏
7 Comments
DanCarter10
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Better wait for official announcement from Samsung.
khainiz94
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Usually Malaysia is not on the list to get the beta. Plus the official launch is on October, so I don't mind much to wait for it.
benSJS
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I see. I just would like to see the development stage... Get a glimpse at how Samsung cooks up their software. Besides, we could even share our opinions on certain features/implementations that we like/dislike.
0 Likes
khainiz94
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yep I know but they are not using the approach like Apple did. Dunno why. Usually not so many countries getting the beta so far. And I am not expecting MY will get it because we have been skipped always.
But maybe this time Samsung HQ changed their mind? I really hope so.
0 Likes
benSJS
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Yeah... It's kind of unfair tbh. All customers should get the same treatment regardless of where they live. After all we did pay the same price for the same device.
0 Likes
Luqmanakim
Active Level 8
Galaxy S

Better only do it on a spare phone and not on your main phone if you find a way to do so. Usually Samsung have specific configurations for different countries, so you might lose some Malaysian specific ones (network band selection, etc).

Even if they have an official beta program for Malaysia, there is still risk of losing data with any beta softwares.

benSJS
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I suppose you're right. But the benefits of having a beta program is that us consumers get a say in what goes and doesn't go into the final software versions.
0 Likes