Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Phone trade-in

(Topic created on: 03-30-2023 12:58 AM)
mcs92
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I recently ordered a phone and opted to trade-in my old S9+ phone as well. However, when I ran tests (several times) for the trade-in value via Blancco, it did not detect the green screen problem. I am now having a dilemma wether Samsung accepts phones for trade-in with problems like this. Do you guys have any idea? I am from the Philippines. 
8 Comments
Galaxy S
If I remember correctly so long as the device can turn on, they will accept it. Though expect depreciation on value if it has any damage/problem.

You can always call Samsung hotline for assistance. 😄
mcs92
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I hope so too cos I've read comments that upon sending the trade-in phone, a lot of people's phones are being rejected. Well, idk for sure because these reviews were from other countries. I couldn't find any reviews about people trading in phones with green screen
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Galaxy S

Hey mcs92,

Trade-ins are subject to appraisal, and we'll only know the full value of the trade-in device when we diagnose it on the day. :)

You can set an appointment at a Service Center near you to figure out your phone's appraisal value! Just head to Support > Book an appointment to set one.

Galaxy S
Can you do a trade-in directly to a Samsung Service Center instead of going thru the Blancco app?
0 Likes
mcs92
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I'm a little scared my phone might get rejected for the trade-in lol 😆 like, would it to be most likely to get rejected for the sole reason of this defect? 'Cos aside from the green screen problem, I have no other phone problem.
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy S

Hello mcs92,

I really understand what you are going through, that sometimes it may happen due to the limitations of apps to detect any physical damage not visible to the naked eye.

Therefore, we strongly recommend that you bring your Samsung Galaxy S9+ to your nearest authorized Samsung Service Center for further test.

Rest assured that our Samsung engineers and technicians are competent to assess your device, provide suggestions, and offer to provide prompt solutions.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/

For more assistance and guidance, you may contact us via our online Samsung Customer Care support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or our Samsung Customer Care direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)
mcs92
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Shall I still get it tested? I already ordered a phone online with the trade-in option. If ever, would the trade-in value decrease when samsung gets my phone for inspection and run tests on it?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yes. Unfortunately. There were reports of assesors from online with similar experience to what you've read.
0 Likes