Original topic:

S20+ 5G Snapdragon USA compatibility to 5g frequency in Malaysia

(Topic created on: 07-24-2021 06:19 PM)
OhErQin
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hi all, I've tried to research myself on the compatibility of USA imported set S20+ 5G snapdragon with the 5g frequency here, but it is way too complex and confusing for me. I really need the help of you guys who are expert in this. 
cause i've noticed that the frequency and bandwidth of USA set and Global set for 5g are different, so if i buy the imported USA set, will it be compatible with the frequency which MCMC planned to set up in malaysia? (700Mhz, 3.5Ghz, 24.9-26.5 Ghz and 26.5-28.5Ghz)
I really need the answers urgently as i've just broke my s9 and thinking to buy an USA 5g set or Global 5g set (like s20fe 5g or a52 5g) 

thank you in advance

2 Comments
StephCY
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Hi, I got an S20+ 5G Snapdragon Korea edition. I would say that Malaysia's 5G connection is not as optimum as other countries. The model that you've chosen is compatible and can be used in Malaysia so you don't have to worry so much.
0 Likes
KJ26
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
@StephCY any idea where in the klang valley that 5G is already available to us? I've got a 5G note 20 ultra but I've never had the opportunity to test out the 5G band.
0 Likes