Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S22 One UI 5.1 connection issues after march upgrade

(Topic created on: 05-10-2023 07:23 PM)
beehaji
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I've been using this device for months after purchasing it in Canada. I travelled to Africa and the middle east and everything was fine. The connection was smooth and not one issue until I applied the recent One UI 5.1 upgrade in mid-march. Suddenly, the 5g connection became extremely choppy, calls dropped abruptly, and couldn't receive OTP in real-time amongst a host of other problems. Now I need to carry an extra device for backup and that's both expensive and stressful.

This is a terrible upgrade and Samsung is not helping or responding promptly. I have attempted all the suggested solutions on this forum but they ain't effective.

0 Likes
4 Comments
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy S

Hello beehaji,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with the recent updates on your Samsung Galaxy S22 having multiple issues ranging from 5G connectivity, dropped calls, and delayed OTP.

I feel and understand what you are going through. After trying several steps and solutions but to no avail. Also expecting your device to perform better after an update and not the other way around. If it happens to me, I will be disappointed too.

Before you try out the recommendations below, be sure to check if your device's software and related apps are updated to the latest version. To update your mobile device's software, follow these steps:

Step 1. Go to Settings > Software update.
Step 2. Tap on Download and install.
Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Step 4. Restart your device.

If that doesn't fix the issues, you may try clearing out the cache.

Clear Cache Partition.

Step 1. Turn off your phone.
Step 2. Plug in the USB cable via PC or Type-C earphones (in case its USB-C to USB-C).
Step 3. Then press and hold Power and Volume up buttons.
Step 4. Release the power button. When the recovery screen shows up, release the volume up button.
Step 5. Navigate to and select Wipe cache partition (Volume up and down is for highlighting options and power is to select).
Step 6. Navigate to and select Yes.
Step 7. Press the power button to select Reboot system now.

Also, you may submit an error report through the Samsung Members app as follows:

Step 1. Long press Samsung Members icon on Apps screen and tap Error reports.

Step 2. Tap OK on agreement popup to send system log data.

Step 3. Select Symptom category "Networking/Wi-Fi".

Step 4. Describe the problem in details and SEND.

How to submit an error report on Samsung Members app? | Samsung PH

You can also check and call out the customer service support of the mobile network provider to alert them about the status of the signal in your coverage area.

Should you need further assistance and guidance, you may contact us via our online Samsung Customer Care support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or our Samsung Customer Care direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

Stay safe and have a nice day ahead! Thanks for contacting Samsung.
0 Likes
Cefiro
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
There's an angle that we often mislooked on those dropped calls and delayed OTPs: Globe/Smart Telecoms. I wish they would build more towers and not selling them to minor players. Frequent dropping/noisy signals. My wife has both iPhone14 Pro and iPhone 14 Plus, and she regularly, not always, complains of the same.
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Galaxy S

Hey beehaji,

I get how this is frustrating for you. 

Trying to make sense of this - you receive your calls and OTP just fine with your spare phone, but struggle to do so with your S22, correct? 

Are you currently using roaming with a Canadian service provider, or are you using a local SIM card? 

One way you can fix this is resetting your network mode. 

Head over to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Network mode SIM 1/2. Select the slot your SIM is slotted into, select 3G/2G, and then turn Airplane Mode on and off. Go back to the Mobile networks tab, and select 5G/LTE/3G/2G again, and turn Airplane Mode on and off.

Hopefully this thoroughly resets your network settings and forces your phone to look for the optimal network to connect to. 

However this may not be an immediate fix. This may also be an issue with your network provider and may not entirely be an issue with your device. 

One more thing you can do is determine if it is a hardware issue by running a routine diagnostics check on your device through the Samsung Members app. 

Once again, really sorry for what's happening. Hopefully one of these fixes will help you out. 

Galaxys221
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I've just updated my galaxy s22 on t mobile and definitely noticed weaker cell reception as well.

0 Likes