Original topic:

Samsung S21 FE 5G

(Topic created on: 05-06-2022 07:11 PM)
Members_SFh2yIO
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

According to DNB’s, they have deployed 3500MHz (3.5Ghz) Band N78, TDD Duplex mode and Sub 6.

Why Samsung not enabling S21 FE 5G? I expect nothing less than S21 series. Other S21 series support 5G. We're paying extra for 5G devices. Impossible Samsung 5G device not comply with Malaysia MCMC. Can anyone explain, why Samsung not enabling 5G module?

https://www.samsung.com/my/smartphones/galaxy-s21-5g/specs/

2 Comments
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
I believe the question should be directed to the network carrier and not the phone manufacturer. There's still issue/discussion in between the providers ( Maxis/Umobile/Celcom/Digi/others) with DNB. From my understanding, only YES( YTL corp ) is aggresively deploying 5G network at the moment.
0 Likes
Galaxy S

On DNB facebook post, We only provide facilities for the manufacturers to conduct tests such as initial static tests, as well as a test route to conduct their on-the-road drive tests so their devices can be configured, and firmware updated to be compatible with the 5G network.

Meanwhile, device certification is led by SIRIM – with guidance from the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) – as is standard procedure.

Article from soyacincau, In terms of certification, most new 5G flagship phones including Samsung and Apple have already been certified by SIRIM for the 700MHz and 3.5GHz 5G bands

On technave blog, another smartphone has been added to the certified compatibility list with Malaysia’s 5G network, which is the Samsung Galaxy A73 5G.

My understanding is that Samsung not enabling 5G or is not certified by SIRIM. If so, SIRIM shouldn't approve incompatible devices into the country. 

Most Samsung phone is certified with MCMC standard procedure aka requirement, the only missing piece is enabling 5G on the devices.

0 Likes