Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Unable to register for Samsung Care+

(Topic created on: 01-08-2023 07:37 PM)
soni_smsg
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

I purchased a samsung s22 ultra from a local shop in Singapore with shop bill dtd 27 Nov 2022. I am trying to buy samsung care+ online but there is an error and on checking with samsung support on chat, they mentioned that phones purchased from non-authorized centres are not allowed to buy samsung care+.  I am not sure if this information is accurate. Does samsung know the date the phone is activated? The phone was sealed packed when I purchased it. if yes, what is their reason for not allowing purchase of samsung care+? if samsung care+ is not possible then I will buy coverage from third-party insurance providers. Does it make sense to buy MA externally in the first year of purchase of the phone? It will cost $120 a year.

13 Comments
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi, would u be able to share a screenshot of the error message? Is it exactly the same message as below?20230108_202618.jpg
0 Likes
soni_smsg
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

This is the error message.

Error.JPG

0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Able to check your model number? If it's a local set, it should be SM-S908E.
0 Likes
soni_smsg
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

yes, the model is SM-S908E/DS.

JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Okay then it's a local set tho.. so it doesn't have to be bought from an authorised centre to qualify for Care+ purchase. As long it's within 60 days from the time u register the device.
0 Likes
soni_smsg
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Hi @JP19, I checked with Samsung Support on chat. They are saying that since the phone is purchased from third-party vendor, it is not eligible for samsung care plus. Do you know any other team in samsung that I must write to?

JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Now that I read the FAQs of Care+ from their website, then I realise that it mentions need to be purchased from an authorised reseller. 😪 What a letdown. I don't see Apple doing that.. as whoever is the final owner of the device and within 60 days of purchase, the owner purchases the Care+, it's still valid.

Do u want to try going down to your nearest service centre instead, to attempt consulting the customer service officers there?

And another way I can think of is to get a purchase order from the mobile shop, if let's say the mobile shop bought the phone from someone who purchased initially from telco. But the chance is slim, as it will reveal how much they purchased from the original owner and u will know how much they have profited from the entire transaction.Screenshot_20230114_230936_Chrome_1000010149_1673708976.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hi...

Is the S22 Ultra u buy from the phone shop an export set?! Some outside phone shops see u not familiar with mobile phone will sell u export set without telling u... That might be another way Samsung support telling u that it is bought from an non authorised center or place...

That would be the only reason I can think of cos your purchase date is still under 60 days which is the eligible period for buying Samsung Care+...

Hope this helps...

Pls kindly click the 3 dots on the top right hand side of my comment and press "Accept Solution" if you feel that my solution is useful to you and this might potentially be a solution to help others too...

Thanks and Cheers...!!!
0 Likes
jamesbob
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Hi @soni_smsg run a check of your imei # from this website and see whats the status of your phone. Possibly it was a used one.

https://imeicheck.com/imei-check