Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Black screen of death Z Fold 4

(Topic created on: 05-25-2024 02:10 AM)
Members_PR7by60
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z

Bought the phone because of the big real estate. After updating to 6.1, my internal screen went black. Read that it's a widely discussed problem. And the damning thing... warranty just ended a few days ago! And I heard that Smasung charges $740 for replacement. Found a shop which could do it for $510... No more folds or flips for me!

8 Comments
Rhycel
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
same here 6.1 made my inner screen unusable. black screen and seems due to system ui not responding/crashing. Very disappointing.
0 Likes
Members_PR7by60
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

Got it repaired at a local phone repair store. Something to do with the flexi cable. Gir it replaced for $170! (Better than the $740 Samsung would charge to replace the whole screen). 2-3 hr job. Thinking of selling the thing!

image.jpg

JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Oh just curious, what did the local repair shop replace? The flex cable?
0 Likes
Er-Yi
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

May I know where is the shop?

0 Likes
Zenkopi
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
Hi can share the shop information to repair? Thank you 🙏
0 Likes
Er-Yi
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

same problem after updating 6.1. Inner screen black out and not useable. 

Please advice where to repair it? Thanks

0 Likes
cdiony
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Same issue. Internal screen blank after 6.1. Samsung did replace the screen as mine is under Samsung Care. However the internal screen protector came back with bubbles and they replaced it 2 times with the same issue. The rep then told me that some batches of internal screen protector has quality issue and cannot stick well. They claimed they have escalated and advise me to de so.

I was speechless as I cannot understand why they continue with screen protector if they have issues? They also dare not commit to me on paper they will replace it for free when the better batch arrives.

Considering that fold 6 is out soon, I sold the 5 and get S24 ultra.

Very bad experience with both flip n fold and I intend not to be influenced by Samsung marketing anymore. The quality is just not there after so many years.

No doubt Samsung is a innovator but they are let down by after sales service. They tried so hard to beat Apple in the premium sector but they still can't make it.

They are number 1 in shipment becos of budget phones
0 Likes
Zenkopi
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
Same..nw internal screen dun work. Once a while when it appear, cannot open fully to avoid triggering it to black out and volume key might die off too.

Bring to samsung for diagnostic and was asked to pay $700++ for repair. Or trade in only for $39...not gg to get any fold or flip. The technology is not up to the standard to support. Such exp phone yet no value and get destroyed after software update and no fault of customer. But need to bear the high cost.

Contemplating the change to apple now. So disappointed
0 Likes