Did you mean: 

Original topic:

My Flip 3 orginal screen protector is peeling

(Topic created on: 08-26-2022 09:11 AM)
AhMengla
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Z
Should I go to Samsung to redo the orginal screen protector. Will it damage the screen if I take out the protector? I read even the new Flip 4 also comes with it. And it is suppose to protect the flexible screen. What should I do? 
0 Likes
27 Comments
kiyoL
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Go back to Samsung or call them if u have care+!
0 Likes
AhMengla
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Thanks.
0 Likes
geekzmotech
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Yeah.. got mine replaced at Samsung's via appointment. But I'm on Care+. Eligible for 1 replacement per year within coverage. Anyway they will inspect your phone beforehand.
0 Likes
AhMengla
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
So if it happens again tge second time, we need to pay for it?
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Hi, yes it will be chargeable for the 2nd replacement, if you do not have the 2-year Care+. And 3rd will be chargeable if you have the 2-year Care+.

You may need to call up and check if the service centre has stocks for the screen protectors, as they are often out of stock.
0 Likes
AhMengla
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Thank you. So there is no permanent solution for this issue.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Yes sadly.. but so far I haven't suffered any peeling of the screen protector on ZF3 yet..
0 Likes
AhMengla
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Looks like it will happen to every ZF3. Not sure about ZF4. But I read ZF4 does come with this screen protector too. And is not advisable to remove it. As it is designed to protect the folding display.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Yes it's not advisable to remove, as u will lose 1 layer of protection. If I am not wrong, there are total 5 layers, including the UTG and OLED panel.

You can choose to purchase third party screen protectors, but so far Samsung's pre-installed screen protector has the best endurance from peeling issue. But Samsung's screen protector is not going to be cheap, so most will choose 3rd party protector for cost saving.
0 Likes