One UI 6.1 update has arrived for Z Fold 3 😁

(Topic created on: 05-15-2024 09:00 AM)
JP19
Expert Level 3
Options
Galaxy Z

Nice to see it released promptly. πŸ˜€ Well done Sansung πŸ‘ 
Galaxy Z
That's weird... Wifi issue replace screen?? I going to try factory reset now... If can't get it back then I get on site to come down... I work from home, cannot go service centre... Disruptive to my work... 😭
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Yeah, for those wfh.. will be difficult to make time to go down to service centre, when their service centre closes the same timing as your knock off timing lol..
0 Likes
ChewyHero
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
U got try resetting the network settings?
0 Likes
Galaxy Z
Yeah. Already tried the Bluetooth and wifi reset... Now doing back up... Then going to factory reset whole phone and pray it will come back... I just need to tahan until Fold 6...
0 Likes
ChewyHero
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Honestly, no choice but to use mobile data. Hope trade in price don't drop alot when u declare that wifi doesn't work
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
And the worse part is that cannot use mobile hotspot as well, to tether phone mobile data connection to other devices.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
2 more months to go. Z Fold 6 will release earlier, to match with this year's Olympics and they are the main sponsor.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Oh.. u still have Care+.. that's good.. that should cover all expenses. Usually, they don't dare to ask customers with warranty to pay for repairs, as long as the device is visibly free of cosmetic damage.
Galaxy Z
Hahaha... But waste my last on-site service on a fault not caused by me.... Hahaha...
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Aiya nvm la.. as long as the issue can be settled with Care+ coverage.

Last year, I activated my first doorstep repair, to fix my mic issue, but a week after, I suffered from the wifi and mobile hotspot issue. I didn't want to activate my 2nd one, as I just used it. So I made a trip down to the service centre to have it repaired. After the inner screen repair, the wifi and mobile hotspot issues were fixed, but I noticed a small dead pixel on the left bottom corner of my outer screen a day after collection and somemore, I alr re-setup my phone.

The next day (Fri) after work, I went down to the service centre and had it left in their care to replace the outer screen. Collected on the following Tues. Finally had my phone in one piece and in perfect condition alr. Total 4 weeks of back and forth to service centre.

My last doorstep repair, I used it about 3 weeks ago, to replace my battery. Might as well.. since my Care+ is expiring on 1st July. But from now till then, I still have warranty coverage. That's why I dared to update my phone to One UI 6.1 lol.. πŸ˜‹

So in short, to buy 2nd year Care+ for foldables is essential and saves all the hassle to dispute with the customer service. As long as the device is covered under warranty, Samsung will generally repair it at no cost. As I handle my phone with care, they will hardly find any physical damage to it.

But before my warranty ends, I will utilise my Care+ to replace the screen protectors for inner and outer screen, just few days before it expires.