Original topic:

One UI 5.0 Bugs - A Thread

(Topic created on: 11-22-2022 03:55 PM)
Charleston
Active Level 6
Options
Others
Hello Samsung Community,

Can we use this thread to share the bugs we experience after updating to One UI 5.0?

Here's what I observed so far:
- Random screen glitches (looks like a static TV); happens for a split second
- Loudspeaker not working while on call
- After receiving or making calls, speaker doesn't work. You have to restart the device in order for loudspeaker to work again.

UPDATE: The random screen glitches is now happening quite frequently. The loudspeaker issue is still also happening. 🥲
여진구
Active Level 1
Others
ahh oki po nauna pala ang S21 series nag update sa one ui 5.0
여진구
Active Level 1
Others
at un po pala dn Note 10 lite
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Others

Thank you, Charleston, for sharing your experience with the list of observations here, while using your Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra after an update to Android 13 One UI 5.0.

Dmaare
Beginner Level 3
Others

I have another one ui 5.0 bug to report.

Me and my friend recently updated our phones to One UI 5 (S22 and m52 5g) and we are both experiencing a bug while using the phone during a call. We both come from czech republic.

What the bug does is that if we have the on-call notification enabled then the status bar will never hide in fullscreen apps like YouTube or games and covers the top of the screen all the time.  

Happens with all calls we tried - discord, messenger, whatsapp, cell.

0 Likes
Erll_deleon
Active Level 1
Others
Connecting to a bluetooth headphone/earbuds while on a call doesn't automatically change the audio input. You need to turn off the bluetooth and reconnect again for it to work
0 Likes
Erll_deleon
Active Level 1
Others
To add,

1. picture in picture mode really makes the phone buggy (Im guessing it changes the refresh rate?)

2. Opening the camera back and forth doesnt seem to be smooth. There is always a short delay before the camera app launches.

3. Super fast Charging animation (blue circle bar) doesn't show in One Ui 5. Don't know if this is a bug or a new implementation but I had to purchase a new charger after updating just to check if the animation/prompt disappeared in one ui 5. Also, charging status just says after awhile "Charging", No more "Super Fast Charging" prompt on the control panel as well.

Using an S22 plus btw.
0 Likes
Charleston
Active Level 6
Others
for the 3rd one - while it's charging, it may say just "Charging" but when you tap on the notification prompt, you'll see the super fast charging still works.
0 Likes
Erll_deleon
Active Level 1
Others
Yup! Noticed it works but I think the implementation/prompts is much better on One Ui 4.1, Hoping it gets carried over to One Ui 5 as well
Charleston
Active Level 6
Others
Forgot to mention that there's a new update posted by user ProCo below.

Check if you have new software update, because the bugs I posted here seemed to be fixed by it.
0 Likes
Althea
Active Level 7
Others
Mine got a static display and a green line at the right most part of the display
0 Likes