Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Video Viewing In Gallery : Filmstrip

(Topic created on: 05-03-2021 06:46 AM)
Codee
Active Level 2
Options
Others
 EDIT: Basic gallery function changed regarding video viewing. Video timestamps at the bottom and you need to double tap not unlike the old versions wherein you can just tap the video and watch it. Not happy. Irritated. Same with the Split Screen function change. Change isn't always good. And in these cases they were really not. It disrupts the experience. : )

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Magnaguard
Active Level 9
Others
If this is bothering you too much, then just turn off the filmstrip view in the Gallery Labs in the Gallery settings. And what do you mean double tap? On mine, videos auto play while I navigate the gallery and if I want it to have audio, it's just one click. If the filmstrip view is turned off, then it will be like before wherein if you decide to play the video, it will open the video player instead.

As for the Split screen function, I like the way they integrated it via the Home Up module in Good Lock. Open task changer, click the split screen icon on the bottom left. Maybe give that a try?

View solution in context

26 Comments
itsmeian
Active Level 8
Others
If only I could thumbs down this post instantly, so I'll do it here instead.
👎👎👎

In the end, who cares about that?? We'll get used to that, whether we like it or not.

Try use a third-party player to solve that.
0 Likes
Codee
Active Level 2
Others
Users care. I care. I am a user. Because it affects the experience. Getting used to what they put just means that they're not putting much thought into customer input and review.
0 Likes
Others
The GALLERY is primarily intended for photos. If you want to watch one of your videos, the optimized application for that is the VIDEO app.

Software updates took months of careful planning, studying and designing. Let's give the Samsung team the pat they deserve on their backs. At times there are bugs but it doesn't mean to say they messed up. They only need to improve more. ✌️

what's nice with Samsung is that they are THE ONLY ONE in the Android universe to commit to 4 years of security updates and 3 years of Android upgrade. That alone we should be thankful for 👍
Codee
Active Level 2
Others
The gallery includes both videos and photos since way back then. I never heard that one before. Now they're just separating app functions but it doesn't mean it's great. Careful planning yeah but did they consider customer feedback and review? I think not.
0 Likes
Others
Am sure they did. They listened to the majority of feedbacks. Now that many are into vlogging, it's but proper that videos get a dedicated app of their own. 👍
0 Likes
Codee
Active Level 2
Others
?? The gallery categorizes videos and photos. It has that function. So I don't understand the need to have it separated when it can be in fact separated in the gallery. Vlogging isn't the issue. How is it connected?
0 Likes
Others
What am only saying is that the decision to have a separate and dedicated app for videos and photos is wise and timely.

Those who lost their job due to the quarantine have found a way to Earn via vlogging. And Samsung was thoughtful of making sure the organization of video files will be vlogger friendly.. in fact, User friendly for all of us.
0 Likes
Codee
Active Level 2
Others
Uh okay? I don't understand how you incorporate other arguments into this. Actually I think you misused the term user friendly. Most users don't even know that separate apps exist. Most know the basics. The ones that already existed and became mainstream. The basuc functions that defined an android phone. If one is really into vlogging, organization is not an issue because a lot of methods can be done and most vloggers utilize computers for editing and "organizing" so I believe that argument does not contribute much.
Others
Am not arguing with you just for the record. Thanks though for sharing your thoughts. Let's agree to disagree. 👍

Will sleep now. God bless you 🙏
0 Likes