cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Will reducing transparency and blur get rid of random restarts?

(Topic created on: 04-10-2022 05:52 PM)
EllisKai
Active Level 9
Options
Others
My phone had random restarts a few weeks after the OneUI 4 update. 

So far, here are the things that I did to work around the restarts:

I think reducing transparency and blur got rid of this restart issue.

Here:

I also think that after doing this, I have a better battery life - minimal battery drain overnight. Or maybe it's because I disabled "protect battery". So far, my phone's not restarting unintentionally.

*****Update April 12 2022:

Well my phone was working fine (no random restarts) until this morning around 3am. I enabled "protect battery" last night. I remember after the OneUI 4 update, I used the "protect battery" then turned it off because I got annoyed by the battery life and the fast discharging (standby mode) on this phone -- and then I had restart issue until I toggled on "reduce transparency and blur".

So now I think maybe on my device, I have to disable "protect battery" and reduce transparency and blur. 

Haaaaa I really hope this is it

*****Update March 8 2022:

No random restarts even as of today.

Now my phone has transparency and blur enabled, and battery protect is disabled. 
3 Comments
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Others

Wow, that's very thorough.

If your problem persists, please head to a Samsung Experience Store near you!

0 Likes
manzocy
Active Level 7
Others
Wipe cache partition.
EllisKai
Active Level 9
Others
Thank you.
I didn't include it in the list because I didn't think the issue would last that long but I already wiped cache partition on this post https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/ask-sam/random-restarts/td-p/16222706Screenshot_20220412-105537_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes