Original topic:

Beta tester for Android 13

(Topic created on: 07-11-2022 12:09 PM)
Gobinathan
Active Level 4
Options
Samsung Members
Why Malaysia always not available with beta testing banner?
3 Comments
Luqmanakim
Active Level 8
Samsung Members

Maybe we are not big enough in terms of users compared to those other countries. Or maybe they gauge that our community is not active enough and would result in less feedback.

Opening up availability to countries requires resources that they may not have enough of, so I assume Samsung has to be a bit picky.

0 Likes
Gobinathan
Active Level 4
Samsung Members
How come apple IOS can release beta to us?IMG-20220712-WA1682_3015463_1657602065.jpg
0 Likes
Luqmanakim
Active Level 8
Samsung Members

For one, that’s Apple. They have a more uniform product lineup compared to Samsung. One iPhone does not differ much from another iPhone in another country.

If you look at Samsung, even the same model can have different processors (Exynos vs Snapdragon in S22 Ultra and etc). Even different regions have different firmwares. So providing a beta for a region would require an entirely new beta firmware to be created just for the additional region. 

I’m not making excuses for them but I do see the hassle to provide betas for more countries. I myself would love to experiment on new features beforehand but nonetheless it is still not something that is advisable to try on main/daily phones (which most users in Malaysia are).  

0 Likes