Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung keyboard vs Apple keyboard

(Topic created on: 12-01-2019 11:12 PM)
JordinX5
Active Level 6
Options
Suggestions
I'll just start out by saying that the Samsung keyboard just isn't that great...

And also, I'd like to say that no, I am not trying to turn oneUI into iOS. Both operating systems could take ideas from each other so please dont get bent out of shape while reading this.😊

I actually surveyed some people over the past month and asked them which keyboard was easier to type with and 17 out of 21 said that the iPhones keyboard was just easier to type with.

Here is what they said. They said that they had fewer mistypes and that it felt smoother.

Reasons why I think they said what they said.
1. Apple AND Google's keyboards have bigger keys. Not by much but they are bigger than Samsungs.
2. Apple's keyboard is a little bit shorter than Samsungs keyboard which allows for less finger stretch and more ergonomically friendly typing.
3. As a suggestion, can we have a separate emoji button and a separate "special characters" button, and a separate voice dictation button?

Pretty much, the samsung keyboard is long overdue for an overhaul 

Thank you!
21 Comments
Shinko
Beginner Level 3
Suggestions
I disagree with this, I do think the points are good. but Samsung keyboard's main improvement would be customization.
shawn143
Active Level 3
Suggestions
I like the Samsung keyboard and wouldn't change anything about it. it's what I'm used to changing just makes me relearn in it
Bmart
Active Level 3
Suggestions
I love the keyboard how it is. Also if I every need to change there are plenty of options.
0 Likes
Suggestions
change the autocorrect and prediction algorithms
0 Likes
Solution
lebanski
Active Level 5
Suggestions
I agree with this completely and that's why I use Google keyboard. They need to revamp it with more customization. I feel like they could focus on other things if they just pre installed the Google keyboard and let Google do the work. I mean that is pretty much android standard except for Samsung. Plus Google has more features
RK_BB
Active Level 4
Suggestions
One of the most neat keyboard features is predicted work swipe up; its available on BlackBerry keyboards and make typing super easy and intuitive though I think they own the patent on this gesture...
0 Likes
Pocketdust
Active Level 4
Suggestions
All you do is complain that Samsung isn't Apple. Go get an iphone and get out of this community.
JordinX5
Active Level 6
Suggestions
I think you're the one who should get out of this community with all of your toxic comments. You are barely if at all contributing to this beta. Do us all a favor and just stop being a dickface to everyone
Tel864
Active Level 8
Suggestions
Just use another keyboard, problem solved, case closed.
0 Likes