Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Wifi Calling

(Topic created on: 12-18-2019 01:35 PM)
Tel864
Active Level 8
Options
Suggestions
If anyone is having problems with wifi calling, it won't work until you add an address for 911 in the wifi calling settings. It took me a month to figure that out. 🙄
0 Likes
5 Comments
SamsungUSABetaTeam
Community Manager
Options
Suggestions

Thank you for the valuable tip. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

0 Likes
jhs39
Active Level 6
Suggestions
I think that's actually the law and nothing to do with this phone. If you call 911 via WiFi the dispatcher might not be able to locate your address otherwise and you're most likely to use WiFi Calling for 911 at home.
0 Likes
Tel864
Active Level 8
Suggestions
I have a relative that's a manager over E911. Last year they added a new enhancement locally using triangulation (I think) that allows them in seconds to determine your location down to the exact location and even which side of the road you're parked on.
0 Likes
jhs39
Active Level 6
Suggestions
On my carrier (MintSim which is a T-mobile MVNO) to activate their WiFi Calling service you need to enter your home address first so it's linked to the SIM card. You do that on the MintSim website rather than on your phone so it might work differently depending on your carrier.
0 Likes
Tel864
Active Level 8
Suggestions
My wifi calling would turn on fine it would never actually call until I added the address.
0 Likes