Original topic:

Advice those wear old flagship (s21/s22)

(Topic created on: 04-27-2024 08:50 AM)
Jazly
Active Level 6
Options
Support
as we already heard many green/pink line issues appear nowdays after updating the phone.
Those who still using these phone and not yet affected by these issues here is the recommendation to reduce the risk of having greenline.

update the software while your phone's temperature is in room condition (25degree).

As what i read online, these issue appear might be due to heat generate by updating the sofrware. These update somehow will generate more current that is why the temperature high.
Afraid that it will impact the component around display area.

So please update the software when the phone is in "idle" mode. Reducing the impact of high tempersrure is the best thing we can do for now. Thank you
-
0 Likes
4 Comments
JoshuaH1
Active Level 3
Support
Thanks for the article. I agree that most of the damage is done by heat. However, It's not just during the update. The phone has an unusual tendency to heat up even after the update. Those who use their phones more will have a higher chance of the lines spreading. At first mine started spreading under normal usage. Now I cut down screen time to 2 hr/day and the situation seems to be more stable.
0 Likes
Jazly
Active Level 6
Support
its so sad to hear this, however samsung will need to answer issue, at least make a promotion screen replacement or maybe identify the burn component and replace it.
it will be more cheaper then replacing the whole screen
MarkChern
Expert Level 5
Support
Take your own risk for software updates 😀
0 Likes
GunasamssYT
Expert Level 5
Support
This might be true. Because I still have my galaxy note 9 with the original screen. No lines and have been dropped many times. Pocket distance drops. My software Update routines always been in a cold condition and idle.