It seems that a lot of the unauthorized access issues are due to rooting, or by installing .apk files downloaded from the internet. It shouldn't be an issue for you, if you only install applications from Galaxy Store or Play Store or if you don't root your phone.
As for security updates: you're currently using an S23, which means you have at least 5 years of major software updates and more security updates down the line. You can be pretty confident that your device will be protected from malicious attacks as long as you own it.
However, software is only really 30% of protection - the other 70% will come from your own diligence. Please be mindful of the links you click and the apps you install through your phone. If it seems shady, or too good to be true, then it probably is.
Thanks for letting us know here your concern about the security and privacy of Samsung devices in the light of the recent reports of hacking and remote access by different users on various Android phones and what Samsung is doing about it.
Aside from rigorous enforcing Security Enhancements for Android (SE for Android) to prevents apps or processes from accessing data and resources that they are not allowed to, your privacy is on lock with Samsung Knox while assuring that you only share what you want while securing everything else.
To learn more of what keep Samsung busy while everyone sleeps, you may click the below links.
By the way, thanks for being a loyal Samsung fan.
And really appreciate the feedback you are sharing with us here. Thanks for your suggestions and appreciate the time and effort you put in to share your valuable comments. This helps us improve our products, apps, and services towards enhancing the Samsung Galaxy experience for all.
I have heard that some Android users in the Philippines have experienced phone hacking after connecting to free public Wi-Fi networks. This means that someone else was able to remotely access and control their phones, and possibly steal their personal and sensitive information. This is a very scary and dangerous situation that could happen to anyone who uses public Wi-Fi without proper protection.
I hope that you will update the security of your devices and ensure that they are protected from any malicious attacks or unauthorized access. I also hope that you will continue to secure your system and help to protect users' privacy protection.
It's not recommended to connect to public wifi because a hacker can really *** you. I think only a few people know that.