Did you mean: 

Original topic:

s24 ultra selfie and back camera issues

(Topic created on: 02-12-2024 12:39 PM)
ohsojuicy
Active Level 3
Options
Support
1. post processing is exaggerated particularly the 50mp and 200mp shots. it overbrightens whatever you are capturing. night shots become day shots. 
2. selfie camera is very soft and blurry compared to s21u.. the difference in quality is night and day. i understand that this is 12mp front vs s21u 40mp front but the quality is such a big downgrade for such a huge price difference between the 2 that it is not funny.

3. in general, camera shots are just grainy and noisy. very dissapointed. the only time quality is top notch is if you shoot in a perfect daylight lighting condition. other than that, the post processing is just so bad. the biggest dissapointment being the selfie and 50/200mp shots.

apart from this, games are also crashing e.g. pokemon go, mobile legends.

this is really ridiculous considering how much we paid for this phone. the hype is all fake. samsung pls get it together and fix this!

12MP

200MP

check out 2 samples from the main camera. the brighter one below is 200mp. the one on top is 12mp. in actual, the 12mp color is the actual representation of what my eyes see.. but as you can see in the 200mp shots, it just exaggerated the colors and just made everything super bright and washed out! not actually representing the actual lighting and color conditions at all. 
6 Comments
Support
There is a coming big update and the camera issue is included due to blurry shots. The main focus of the update is the dull vivid display compared to s23, which urge users to return their unit. The update will have a notch to choose from. Default will be s24 natural color, 1 notch up will be s23 vividness and another notch up will give you s21 vividness. Performance is also mentioned by users why benchmarks of s24 is lower than other brands thou this can be optimized and corrected thru update. Lets just wait for that and see thr difference. The good thing is, these issues are not hardware related and can be fixed thru updates. We could get this update hopefully by last week of feb.
ohsojuicy
Active Level 3
Support
well hopefully things get sorted out. i dont have any performance issue with the phone though. everything is snappy smooth. no overheating or phone getting warm issues when playing games unlike my s21u where it gets really hot. my only issue right now is the camera especially the selfie camera.. hopefully it gets fixed before the end of this month
Support
I guess samsung is working double time on this coz customers have started returning their unit. Lets just wait and be patient.
jahn17
Active Level 3
Support
Same sentiments here. And I'm just trying to be patient to wait for the update.
BoyNoName
Active Level 3
Support
No issues din sa akin when it comes to games. Tried playing ML for about 4hrs straight no problem. Pag dating sa camera I prefer using my iphone. Colors taken from iphone closer to the actual object.
0 Likes
gilgamo
Beginner Level 2
Support

even my front camera when taking selfies looks like a cartoon, my eyebrows look like I'm wearing an eyebrow pencil and my lips are like I'm wearing lipstick, this is very unrealistic even though I don't use any effects, does anyone know how to remove this strange effect, or just wait for an update :(

0 Likes