Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

How to create VPN shortcut

(Topic created on: 07-06-2021 02:47 PM)
Tablets
Hi I am trying to create a vpn shortcut  on my Tab S6 lite homescreen. Try a few method online  but it doesn't  work on my tab. Anyone know how?
9 Comments
Solution
jamesbob
Active Level 7
Tablets
How about downloading a vpn apps?
Tablets
Was hoping to use the native app
bolak_jr
Beginner Level 4
Tablets

Jamesbob: Why would you want to do that when the system has built in VPN settings. What me and ScubaOnline want to do is to create a shortcut to an VPN profile that has already been set in the phones settings.

This is to avoid having go into the telephone/tablets settings every time you want to connect to your VPN connection.

0 Likes
jamesbob
Active Level 7
Tablets
why? because simply the UI doesnt offer the thing you want to. if not getting vpn/ antivirus apps .. what else?
0 Likes
SamsungNantakkumar
Options
Tablets

Hello ScubaOnline. I am Avinash, from Samsung.

Kindly try the below steps to create a VPN shortcut on the home screen :

Step 1 : Go to the VPN webpage and Tap 3 lines(icon) at top right corner.
Step 2 : Select "Add page to"
Step 3 : Select "Home screen"
Step 4 : Add

Hope this can help you.
Thank you.

0 Likes
Tablets
What do u mean by vpn webpage? I and referring to the vpn in phone setting
sudhakar
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

I have Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G. I can't find the option against the VPN profile which I created .. ie. No option 'Add page to ' ! Only I can see 'Add VPN Profile'

If I open the existing profile, it shows the status and option to 'Disconnect' and 'Cancel'

Please help !

Thanks

bolak_jr
Beginner Level 4
Tablets

I agree with ScubaOnline, what do you mean by this, we do not want to create a shortcut to a webpage, but a shortcut to a VPN profile that has been setup in the phone/tablets settings. This question is not resolved/solved.

0 Likes
greendot
Beginner Level 2
Tablets

I did it via: Settings -> Procedures (create a new manual procedure with the action leading to the Connection -> VPN). Then I added the widget to screen.