Original topic:

"Weak charging detected" shown

(Topic created on: 12-13-2019 01:46 PM)
SamsungUSABetaTeam
Community Manager
Options
Tips

Hello Beta users,

Some customers have reported that they are seeing "Weak charging detected" message.  "Weak charging detected" does not mean that the phone you are using is defective.It may appear when you are using USB connection, low performance charger, defective charging cable or due to charging cable connection failure. A weak charging pop up is shown when the device is plugged into the charger and in the last 5 minutes the battery level has dropped.Please use it after checking above conditions.

Thank You,

One UI Beta Team.

39 Comments
Moneic
Active Level 3
Tips
The problem is with beta, but since newest update I no longer have the problem with phone saying weak charging detected.
0 Likes
McStream
Active Level 4
Tips
the problem with all that guff is that you're not listening to the customers I never got that problem until the day one of the beta ever since the beta what's the same exact equipment nothing's changed now I get the notification saying that there's weak charging going on. I'm using a Samsung power brick one of the new ones I'm using a Samsung charger wireless one of the new ones and the old one around the world in communism and amazing new cables from Samsung doesn't matter what cables are used it's always the same result weak charging....
0 Likes
DioSanchez
Active Level 1
Tips
I bought a type C to C brand new from Samsung. various branded well known chargers/car chargers. weak charge still appears but charges normally. I just ignore the weak charge notifications. it's not a good idea to ignore those types of alerts but when you try everycable and every charger. meh let it slide.
0 Likes
J0EPATTERS0N
Active Level 3
Tips
it's says I have weak charging yet the battery lasts long & charges in 45 minutes... I don't see it as a concern.
braddhill77
Active Level 6
Tips
In fairness, it wasn't said that beta software issues couldn't possibly be the issue, but that these are some other things that could possibly be causing the issue.
0 Likes
buckets4eyes
Beginner Level 2
Tips
agree. I suspect Samsung is looking to eliminate bad chargers from troubleshooting the beta. there's 2 variables.
A) the charge is weak
OR
B) the phone is using more power than charger can supply.
dcdaniel
Active Level 1
Tips
How is it possible that the same charger I've used from a reputable brand now only seems to be faulty due to the beta, yet they blame the charger? I had my phone plugged in for over 4 hours and it didn't charge one bit? This is NOT a hardware issue, if it was it wouldn't just appeared during the betas, nor would it be affecting every single one of us some of which are using chargers and cables provided by Samsung themselves
0 Likes
grond
Beginner Level 2
Tips
I have noticed this message every morning when I wake up, I suspect that the phone is oversensitive to power loss, and may be detecting the lack of charging at 100% battery as "weak charging". using a Samsung oem fast charger that came with the phone.
0 Likes
kenmoore81
Active Level 1
Tips
I get this message about 50% of the time on my stock charger and 90% of the time when I charge either USB in a vehicle or on a wireless charger. This issue is exclusive to Beta for me as I never received those messages prior to the Beta software on all of the same chargers being used.
0 Likes
Billo
Beginner Level 2
Tips
I have this message all the time!
0 Likes