Thank you for sharing your experience with the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 with us while using your currently non-functioning body composition.
So far, the Galaxy Smart Watches have been making many advances to improve your health. The Galaxy Watch 4 series has more advanced sensors to analyze your body more accurately. In particular, the new Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) sensor allows you to measure your body fat and even your skeletal muscle. Follow the guide below to measure your Galaxy's body composition.
Before you try the recommendations below, be sure to check if your device's software and related apps are updated to the latest version. To update your mobile device's software, follow these steps:
Step 1. Go to Settings > Software update.
Step 2. Tap on Download and install.
Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Understand your body with Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA)
Usually found on smart scales, a Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) sensor can measure your body composition, such as your skeletal muscle mass or fat mass. The sensor sends microcurrents to the body to measure the amount of muscle, fat, and water in the body. Although it is harmless to humans, do not measure your body composition if you are pregnant.
The Galaxy Watch 4 series can check your current body condition within 15 seconds with a single touch.
Be aware of the following conditions before measuring your body composition.
You can get more accurate body composition results by following these measurement conditions:
- Measure at the same time of the day (recommended to measure in the morning).
- Measure on an empty stomach.
- Measure after going to the bathroom.
- Measure when you are not having your menstrual period.
- Measure before doing activities that cause your body temperature to rise, such as exercising, taking showers, or going to the sauna.
- Measure after removing metal objects from your body, such as necklace.
To measure your body composition, follow the steps below.
Step 1. Tap Samsung Health on the Apps screen.
Step 2. Tap Body composition.
Step 3. Tap Measure.
Step 4.Enter your weight and tap Confirm.
Step 5.Place your middle and ring fingers on the Home and Back keys to begin measuring your body composition.
Step 6.Check measured body composition results on the screen.
Note: If you are measuring body composition for the first time, you have to enter your height and gender. Also, you can view how to measure it in detail on the screen by tapping How to measure.
Correct measurement posture.
- Put both of your arms to chest level, so your armpits are open while not making contact with your body.
- Do not allow the two fingers that are placed on the Home and Back keys to come into contact with each other. Also do not touch the other parts of your Watch with your fingers except the keys.
- Stay stable and do not move for accurate measurement results.
- The signal may experience interruptions when your finger is dry. In this case, measure your body composition after applying toner or lotion to make your finger’s skin moist.
- Wipe the back of the Watch clean before measuring for accurate measurement results.
- Measurements are intended for general wellness and fitness purposes only. Not intended for use in detection, diagnosis, treatment of any medical condition or disease. The measurements are for your personal reference only. Please consult a medical professional for advice.
- Do not measure if you have an implanted cardiac pacemaker, defibrillator, or other electronic medical devices are inside of your body.
- Do not measure if you are pregnant.
- Measurement results may not be accurate if you're under 20 years old.
- Device screenshots and menus may vary depending on the software version, country or region.
Hope this content is helpful and your device's problem gets solved.
Make sure to click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button in your subsequent response, if we have satisfied your inquiry.
Hi Samsung Galaxy team,
The body composition does not work on my galaxy watch 4 44mm, I have updated several times but still not working. I live in Iran and no one Samsung repairing center could help me. somebody said to me it is because of sanctions which this option cannot working in Iran, Is it correct? if not, how can you help me?
Mine too. Today what I did is to firmly press my middle and ring finger against the buttons and it worked in 3 successive attempts. Just not too firm to cause the buttons to click.