cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

I purchases a galaxy watch 5 unable to connect with my galaxy s22 and s20 phones

(Topic created on: 04-04-2023 09:36 PM)
SP-watch5
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
I purchased galaxy watch 5 from Samsung online store while I was in China. And found unable to connect to my samsung phones.. now iam in Singapore.. i went to service centre .. they are totally unqualified to support with this issue. 
11 Comments
hirokoboi
Active Level 6
Wearables
In what sense cannot connect?
0 Likes
SP-watch5
Active Level 1
Wearables
When trying to connect always pop up "can't pair with galaxy watch 5- this watch isn't supported on this phone."
0 Likes
SP-watch5
Active Level 1
Wearables
I tried with my 2 samsung phones and one of my friends phone.. still showing the same .. and tech support team as well unable reply why this issue.. and went to service centre too.. they as well unable guide on this... i tried to connect through all means unsuccessful.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Seems like Google services are blocked in China..
0 Likes
SP-watch5
Active Level 1
Wearables
Not really.. if so entire android phones and it's services will not work in China...
0 Likes
hirokoboi
Active Level 6
Wearables
Android phones and watches in China does not have gms.

And also i found this in 1 article.

Numerous users in China who have purchased Galaxy Watch 5 are unable to pair it with their devices they are reportedly getting the “Isn’t supported on this phone” error. So why is this happening?

Well, the reason for the same is due to the fact that the Chinese version of these watches is not supported due to the restrictions on numerous Google apps, services, and frameworks.
0 Likes
SP-watch5
Active Level 1
Wearables
Noted on the same and i noticed and hear about the same.. but samsung officialy not reported on any regional issues and they are suppose to support the customer to upgrade if they are not a china user.
0 Likes
hirokoboi
Active Level 6
Wearables
I have to disagree with you on this. I do not believe Samsung provides support for other region's devices other than SG within SG. Since the product is not purchased in SG, they will not support especially the watch you bought is a China set which makes things even more complicated as China Android phones have lots of things being stripped out as compared to other parts of the world.

Thus officially you have gotten a watch that can pair with a China Samsung phone or you have to seek unofficial help and hope that it works.
0 Likes
SP-watch5
Active Level 1
Wearables
I disgree with you.. as samsung in any of their sites, they did not specified about the regional issues.. and if i buy from UK or USA unable to use in asia or like wise china unable to use in other part of the world..
0 Likes