Original topic:

Informer App for Watch5 Pro LTE.

(Topic created on: 02-14-2023 11:32 PM)
Bear9119
Active Level 3
Options
Wearables
Hi Sammies,

I don't know and very weak at high tech phones and watches. 

In Singapore, almost everyone uses WhatsApp. I don't remember why I installed Informer app in my Watch5 Pro LTE. But I'm able to receive my WhatsApp message and could reply. 

But I recently realised that Informer app drains plenty of battery. My watch is set to 1/3 brightness without having the watch face appearing all the time. But it still could only barely last one and half day from 100% to 0%. To be safe. I would say that my watch could only last a day of normal usages of health monitoring. I don't exercise at all, and I don't use the GPS. But I leave WiFi and BT turned on all the time.

I hope someone could help me by giving me setting or any instructions. Can my watch still works the same of I uninstall Informer app? Will I be able to receive and reply WhatsApp and what Informer app could do?

Thank you!

Best regards, 
John Lim

0 Likes
19 Comments
Wearables
Hi... I m using Watch 5 Pro too....

Google abit n found out that this is a 3rd party app...

Did u transfer all your apps from previous Wear OS watch or u take over this Watch 5 Pro from your friend n he installed it before that?

Anyway just go ahead to delete it its OK... U can still receive n reply to WhatsApp msg normally...

I m getting around 3 to 5 days with light to moderate use for Watch 5 Pro...

Below screenshot is the latest Battery 🔋 usage for my Watch 5 Pro...

Hope this helps...

Pls kindly click the 3 dots on the top right hand side of my comment and press "Accept Solution" if you feel that my solution is useful to you and this might potentially be a solution to help others too...

Thanks and Cheers...!!!Screenshot_20230215_013006_Galaxy Watch5 Manager.jpg
0 Likes
Bear9119
Active Level 3
Wearables
Hi Jeff. Thanks so much for your kind advices! This is my first smartwatch I purchased from Samsung online store. It's new. So I couldn't have transferred anything from any old watches which I didn't own.

It's so great that your watch can last you for 3 to 5 days. Amazing!

Unfortunately, I jist did exactly what you told me to do. I uninstalled the Informer app, updated all Samsung and Google apps and turned on permission for WhatsApp. Then I turned OFF & ON both my Samsung Note 20 Ultra & Watch5 Pro LTE. My watch is no longer able to receive WhatsApp text messages. May I know if I missed out any steps?Screenshot_20230215_213730_Galaxy Watch5 Manager.jpg
0 Likes
Wearables
If your phone is constantly connected to your watch via Bluetooth, do try to turn off wifi. Do check if GPS is off as well.
0 Likes
Bear9119
Active Level 3
Wearables
Hi. Thanks for your kind advice! I've just turned off WiFi and GPS. I adjusted the settings to "Turn On While Using App". Is this setting ok?
0 Likes
Bear9119
Active Level 3
Wearables
Hi Jeff. Thanks so much for your kind advices! This is my first smartwatch I purchased from Samsung online store. It's new. So I couldn't have transferred anything from any old watches which I didn't own.

It's so great that your watch can last you for 3 to 5 days. Amazing!

Unfortunately, I jist did exactly what you told me to do. I uninstalled the Informer app, updated all Samsung and Google apps and turned on permission for WhatsApp. Then I turned OFF & ON both my Samsung Note 20 Ultra & Watch5 Pro LTE. My watch is no longer able to receive WhatsApp text messages. May I know if I missed out any steps?Screenshot_20230215_213730_Galaxy Watch5 Manager.jpg
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
Hi, do ensure that u still enable the Show alerts even when phone in use, if not it will only show alerts when ur phone is not in use.Screenshot_20230215_222712_Galaxy Watch4 Manager.jpg
0 Likes
Bear9119
Active Level 3
Wearables
Hi JP19, Thanks for helping me out too! Yes I did. To be safe, I did what you suggested. I enable both phone and watch to show alert irregardless if I'm wearing my watch or not. Cheers.

JP19
Expert Level 3
Wearables
No problem! 🤗 The WhatsApp notifications are now sending to ur watch?
0 Likes
Bear9119
Active Level 3
Wearables
Unfortunately, my watch is still unable to receive WhatsApp. 😪
0 Likes