Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Calendar events trigger in Modes and Routines

(Topic created on: 11-08-2022 12:20 PM)
GCrane1982
Active Level 2
Options
Bixby
Why is there no way to use calendar events as a trigger in Bixby Routines (Modes & Routines) and why does Samsung not have the stock Android function to turn on DND with calendar events?

I have many work meetings where I would like to be able to turn on DND automatically, however it simply isn't possible on a Samsund device unless you use a 3rd party app, where as all other android devices have this built in.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Bixby

Yup, seems like a missing feature on calendar and even on routines. Hope it will be added in the future.

Anyway, you can try this workaround in Routines:

1. Select "Notification received" as trigger

2. Select the Calendar under apps

3. Select any notification or you can specify a keyword on the calendar notification

4. Then select the Do not disturb under Notifications for actions

EDIT: You might want to create a separate routine on how to revert it back once your meeting ended.

View solution in context

3 Comments
Solution
Bixby

Yup, seems like a missing feature on calendar and even on routines. Hope it will be added in the future.

Anyway, you can try this workaround in Routines:

1. Select "Notification received" as trigger

2. Select the Calendar under apps

3. Select any notification or you can specify a keyword on the calendar notification

4. Then select the Do not disturb under Notifications for actions

EDIT: You might want to create a separate routine on how to revert it back once your meeting ended.

SamsungLaura
Options
Bixby

Hi @GCrane1982, thank you for your feedback, we’ll be sure to pass your interest on internally to the relevant department. Please note, we cannot always implement customer suggestions due to various reasons and will not be able to provide an update on whether we are going to be implementing your suggestion or not. We hope you understand

0 Likes
TIDDAH
Active Level 3
Bixby
Yes I had similar problems were modes and accessibility would take control of the phone..use sticky keys..talk back and mute all audio and being transcriptions...sounds crazy right....
0 Likes