Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Health AOD option Feature Request

(Topic created on: 04-02-2024 01:23 AM)
sammyfan888
Beginner Level 4
Options
Fitness

It would be a very good feature to enable Samsung Health display on the phone's AOD screen especially for cycling. I am happy with how Samsung health works and how it connects to sensors such as speed and cadence  but screen always turns off when cycling. It would be really good to have this shown as an AOD option as the phone can act as a bike computer when mounted.

4 Comments
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Fitness

Hi there,

Great idea - it would probably cut down on the amount of stuff we need to bring when cycling. Personally though, I still prefer using a separate cyclocomputer + sensors for my rides and syncing them to Strava instead as it helps preserve my phone's battery life (very helpful when you have 200-300kms in a single ride ☠) 

How do you use yours? 

0 Likes
sammyfan888
Beginner Level 4
Fitness
I don't do (at least not yet) 100+km rides but I shuffle between some cheap cyclocomputers such as XOSS and Magene + galaxy fit2 or my s23u + gw4 combo and figured that GPS tracking and possibly calorie and elevation is better using the Samsung devices due to better hardware components. I was just thinking it would be great for some sort of AoD or lock screen option to show the exercise screen to give me the speed, HR, cadence, etc at a single glance as my phone is mounted via quadlock on the handlebar anyway.
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Fitness

Gotcha, gotcha - having it on AOD should help reduce some of the battery draw.

Personally, I have switched away from using my phone as a cyclocomp (used to do it with the S8, back when it still supported ANT+). Once I started getting into longer and longer distances I found that it was more trouble than it's worth, as the battery ends up dying way too fast due to the heat - leading me to bring two 10,000mAh power banks every ride 🤣

ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Fitness
Manifesting they would add this!🤞😊