Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Better Navigation

(Topic created on: 05-04-2021 12:18 AM)
Romans6verse23
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy A
Good Lock app makes Samsung handsets more powerful and useful. Beyond the redesign, Good Lock unlocks more goodness in Galaxy phones. 👍
New configuration of the Nav bar. Camera (leftmost) and screen capture (rightmost) is made more accessible to the user. 👍

9 Comments
TeamGalaxyEvflor
Options
Galaxy A

Thank you for sharing your wonderful insight! You're such a big help to the Community. Keep on posting new tips and tech savvy tricks that can benefit everyone. Stay safe and have a blessed day! 

Galaxy A
The pleasure is mine. 👍 You're welcome Jan. God bless you more 🙏
Atecyfrago
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
How?
Magnaguard
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Am I the only one that prefers gesture controls as opposed to the navbar? I like the clean look and the increased screen estate that it gives. Now if only they allowed hiding the status bar, that would be great....

I have the screenshot button on my quick settings panel so its just a swipe away. As for the camera, it's in the dock and in the lockscreen shortcut.

I guess that just shows the flexibility and customizeability of One UI and Android in general.
Galaxy A
I am a gesture Navigation user as well before but I find this set up more convenient. There are times when the screenshot button cannot take a pic where as this nav bar shortcut can. Let me recall that one. Will post a screenshot soon. 👍
0 Likes
Galaxy A
When your reading something on the screen and you need to take an instant photo out of urgency, you need to swipe up to go to the home screen (in case of gesture navigation) and tap the camera icon. That's TWO moves.

With the redesigned Nav bar, camera is just a few centimeters away from your fingertips. See this screen shot. While reading your post, the camera is only one tap away from me. 👍

Screenshot_20210505-020727_Samsung Members.jpg

0 Likes
Magnaguard
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Yeah it's just a matter of preference I guess. I mean, I don't take screenshots that much. Although, I use one hand operation+ to add shortcuts too.

The fact that Good Lock offers this much customization and personalization to a similar problem just goes to show how invaluable of an app it is to casual and power users alike. It still eludes me why they put it behind a geo-restriction.
Galaxy A
Same here. I know Samsung has a good reason for the geo-restriction of Good Lock app but I think it will be better for them to have more people experience the goodness of Good lock. (That's 4 good words in one sentence 😂 )
0 Likes
maxq1
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
I'm w/ you on this! Gesture navigation all de way! 👍
0 Likes