Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy A01 gets January 2022 security patch

(Topic created on: 01-14-2022 10:40 PM)
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy A
I can't believe that samsung release faster security updates nowadays. Even some low end phones can get the latest security patch update.

The January security patch update for Galaxy A01 firstly land in Russia for today and it will cover more region in few days, hope it will fix some bugs and improve the stability of the phone.

I don't know when will Galaxy a12 get the latest security patch. Maybe in February or what......just saying

19 Comments
SagaOtaku
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
i dont understand, A10/A10s/A10e has 2 gb of ram and 32gb of storage why not the A02, A01, A01 core, A03 is not yet to be released but available on abenson. and besides most of the devices that i mention has android 11 core (go edition) it could be that reason. will you gather all the devices that has Andoid 11 go edition and match that on the list, I said this because A01/core an and A02 and as much of lower to middle midranger such as A12, A22 and A32 doesnt support knox support. an online security against malware threats.
SagaOtaku
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
please read

Screenshot_20220116-121213_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220116-122439_Chrome.jpg

ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Thanks for understanding my reply.

Yes, the Galaxy A01, A01 Core, A02/s, A03/s are not included in Samsung 4 years security patch update policy, they are skipped (so these devices that got skipped get only 3 years)

The only devices that get 4 years security update are the ones that have KNOX protection.

A10 have knox protection, hence it automatically enrolled to 4 years security update policy.
CrissCross
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
After some searching, I eventually got to Samsung's security forum (or something like that) where a lot of announcements about security and privacy of Galaxy devices, and the A01, A01 Core, and A02 Core is absent from the list. If the reason for not being eligible is hardware, I checked the specs of the A10, A01, A01 Core, and A02 in GSMArena:
A10 has an Exynos processor. A01 has a Qualcomm chip, and both the A01 Core and A02 has almost the same CPUs.

In terms of hardware requirements, I can confirm that the A01, A01 Core, and A02 are not good performers.
In chipset vendors, Exynos is Samsung's own processor so it's understandable for the longer security update support. For the A01 Core and A02, their processors are Mediatek but not the Helio series. Additionally it's 28 nm. The A01 however, I'm not sure if the Snapdragon 439 is the reason for not being included.

In terms of software, only the A01 Core is running Android Go.

Compared their Antutu scores and still doesn't make sense.

I'm clueless as to why they specifically skip 3 of these devices.20220116_182436_48014_1642329086.png
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Thanks for helping me explaining, adding and sorting all out. A01/core, A02, and A03 are truly not included. So, let's stop our comment battle here as we figured it out some of the infos.

Additional knowledge for us....
Not all phone cpu/processors are perfect...i mean no processors are perfect....all of them have a downsides.
SagaOtaku
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
well then A10s has a mediatek processor with 12nm process but eligible for 4 years security support which means its not really the hardware.

Screenshot_20220116-215759_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220116-215815_Chrome.jpg

ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Knox protection, i guess.

A01 does not have knox protection.
SagaOtaku
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
the galaxy A20e was not included also on the list. what was going on.?
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
No knox protection again. Maybe....
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
So let's share some details about the android versions of Samsung....

One UI (also known as Full Version) - this type of version is the best b'coz it allows and provides you a lot of customization on your Samsung device.

This includes:
○ Bixby app components such as:
- Assistant
- Home
- Routines
- Voice

○ Good Lock customization modules
○ Secure Folder and S Secure
○ Other Samsung apps components / add-ons (One UI Full version only)
○ Samsung DeX (only flagship phones S, Note, Fold and Flip series)
And many more.

One Ui Core - also known as the lite/ lightweight version of One Ui and obviously have restrictions.

Note: You can't install Good Lock app and customization modules. No Secure folder and other important features that are found in full version of One Ui.

The rest you can do to customize here is by using the Galaxy Themes and applying fonts (obviously).

Go Edition - this version is the lightest version of Android. This isn't include customization at all.

This version found in other samsung low end phones such as the A01 core and other samsung phones that have core models.

Only lite version of Google apps are only here such as:
Google Go
Gmail Go
Youtube Go
And many more.