Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy A12 security updates

(Topic created on: 11-12-2022 08:33 AM)
Fenton
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

I recently purchased cellular service from Tello which uses the T-Mobile network. The Tello sim worked fine for a few days, but later stopped working. Tello customer service then had me change my network settings to 2-G in stead of LTE/3g/2g (auto connect) so I am able to have limited use of my Galaxy A12. Tello informed me that the issue is with the latest update from Samsung on Sept. 22 and when Samsung gives the next update my problem with Tello cellular service will be resolved.  Tello has been nice about it and refunded my 1st months charge.  Any helpful comments or information would be appreciated.   If anyone knows when I can expect the next update for Galaxy A125U1/DS please inform me. It is an unlocked phone.

6 Comments
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
The Galaxy A12 is in Quarterly Security Updates, so expect an update every 2 or 3 months.
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Thank you, Fenton, for your inquiry here about your Samsung Galaxy A12 having connectivity issues while using your newly purchased Tello Sim.

You can submit a report of errors through Samsung Members app.

Step 1. Long press Samsung Members icon on Apps screen and tap Error reports.

Step 2. Tap OK on agreement popup to send system log data.

Step 3. Select Symptom category. Tap "Networking/Connectivity".

Step 4. Describe problem in detail and SEND.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/mobile-devices/how-to-submit-an-error-on-samsung-members/#:~:text...

For more assistance, you may contact us on our online Samsung support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or contact our Samsung direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 22 111 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)
0 Likes
Fenton
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

I have submitted an error report and will wait for an answer.

Thank You for trying to help

0 Likes
Fenton
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

I spent over an hour on the phone with with  a Samsung tech person. In the end I got no answer.

0 Likes
Fenton
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

The Tello phone company confirmed that Samsung is issuing updates to the Galaxy A12 to fix the problem. I was told to be patient and wait for the update. I will consider this problem solved unless the update never comes or does not work.

0 Likes
Fenton
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Samsung updated my phone. I still only have service on 2g.

Nothing changed. I am switching cell companies.

0 Likes