Original topic:

Galaxy A23 no longer working since Update

(Topic created on: 05-10-2024 03:08 PM)
sarah2212
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Has anyone else that has a 
Galaxy A23 that will no longer work since doing a software update? I took it to Samsung Liverpool store and was told it can't be fixed as it's an international version and they don't have the software to fix it, totally unacceptable.

Please Samsung please step up and give a solution to fix this issue as this is world wide hundreds of people complaining online with the same issues.
6 Comments
Galaxy A
If it's an International model, Samsung AU can't do anything though. What they told you is technically correct.

Where is the device from, and what exactly do you mean not working after update?
sarah2212
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I purchased from Australia and if it is an international mobile should make no difference it was all made by Samsung from the same factory and will have the same components in the phone's. The phone comes up to a light blue screen with downloading do not turn off with small writing with partition boot.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Actually, Samsung runs several manufacturing sites to cover different regions and there is differences in hardware and software for some regions.

Where did you buy it from, Kogan/D Smith or a private seller?

So you're stuck in download mode, like this?

Normally on this screen you can exit by holding down Volume down for several seconds.
But you can also try holding down Volume down and Power key together and see if that allows the phone to boot normally.2_1000009670_1715385505.png
sarah2212
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I tried that with the Samsung technician but would just reboot to the same screen. I purchased through a company that sells on ebay which they are located in Rockdale NSW so I will try to get a refund as it was not stated in the description it was an international version of the phone.
0 Likes
barney888
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
It's ***
0 Likes
sarah2212
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Update - the store I purchased it from has agreed to give me a refund so I am very grateful to them however this does not solve the problem for thousands of other users that have the same problem as not everyone keeps purchase records. I really hope Samsung finds a solution to this problem for their customers or I think Apple will just have gained alot of new customers
0 Likes