Galaxy A32 - VoLTE Keeps Turning Off

(Topic created on: 05-13-2023 08:39 PM)
johnspencer47
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

Hi Guys

I need some help.

I live in an environment where 4g is the only option (3g is not available).

I therefore need VoLTE to be available, otherwise I am not able to make or receive voice calls.

My service provider, Boost, has advised that my service includes VoLTE.

When I turn on my Galaxy A32, the notification bar shows connection to VoLTE, but it does not stay there and reverts to 4g after a short while.

There is no VoLTE toggle in the settings for this phone, so I cannot turn it on.

Without VoLTE, I cannot make or receive voice calls.

Has anyone observed this behaviour or have a way of correcting it?

0 Likes
7 Comments
Joshua89
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
What error do you get when you try to make a call?
0 Likes
johnspencer47
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
The call is just not dialled. No message, no dial tone.
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Just in case it hasn't been done, Volte also needs to be turned on on Boost/Telstra equipmenr. It is some time since I had this problem so it might ny now be automatic in the meabtime if you have broadband read up on wi-fi calling which uses wi-fi as an alternativr way for phone callx to be received. Google "Telstra wi-fi calling". Also provided by Boost using Telstra.
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Also read up on clearing Phone app cache, noting if you do this you lose Phone app settings.
0 Likes
johnspencer47
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Wifi calling is on, but there is no Wifi in the area where I have the problem.
Boost says it is automatic for all customers.
Samsung says my phone model does not support VoLTE. I think this model might have been a mistake.
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
l. Some time since I used it but cost around $85 per annum plus cost to you of calls to otherx
0 Likes
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
. Forum cut my reply by mistake. If you have internet buy a Skype landline number connected to your Skype account. Calls to this number ring on Skype OR forward calls from your phone to this number. Additional cost to you is cosf of your calls to others at Skype rate.
0 Likes