Original topic:

Instagram/Reel's video sluggish/lag

(Topic created on: 07-07-2022 05:19 PM)
AdEwanZol
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Anybody sufferings sluggish video in Instagram and Reel? Especially when viewing slow motion video.
6 Comments
WinnieC
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Which A series?

This kind of issue happen mostly to older devices. Maybe you can try:

1) Restart and open the application

2) Clear cache and storage

3) Make sure the application is up to date

4) Make sure you have sufficient RAM

5) Try at different Wi-Fi location or different Telco.
AdEwanZol
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
New 2022 A series, A13 and A23.. already did as per your suggestion but didn't work
0 Likes
Sumedh
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I purchase new m14 5g and same reel lagging issue is there i check all above aspect. with same network i tried with my old mi A1 its working fine with no lag issue on instagram.

0 Likes
WinnieC
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Is the sluggish happen only to Instagram Reel? What about other application like opening a video on chat messenger, sharing a video on chat messenger, open a video on Youtube/ Twitter/ Instagram?

This kind of problem is actually due to the slow internet speeds, outdated application version and low RAM. I am not sure your devices can change the virtual RAM (RAM Plus) or not, if yes you can try put a lower/ higher RAM other than the default settings.

If still no luck, you can try to contact Samsung Support through chat or email. Guess the only thing they will ask you to do is to reset or clear your phone storage.

waailasif3
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Same issue on my A53. What I found very weird is that the A33 with the same chipset does not have this issue. I have already reported it on Instagram and I doubt it's gonna make any difference. Also reported on Samsung Members app today.

Sawantchetna_17
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Same issue I've been facing on my S21FE. Any resolutions yet?