Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Issue on app icon badge

(Topic created on: 02-09-2023 10:22 AM)
mmeigh
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
i just bought my Samsung A73 5G today. I have an issue with the app icon badge. It disappears when I clear the notification panel. Can you please help me how to keep the icon badges?
0 Likes
3 Comments
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
If you clear a notification from the notification panel, its app icon badge disappears. This has been a feature since Android 8.0.
mmeigh
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
Oh I see. I thought I am the only who is experiencing this kind of issue. Thanks for the info!
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hello mmeigh,

Thank you for buying a new Samsung Galaxy A73 5G and reaching out to us here in order to find out how to keep the icon badge on your Samsung Galaxy A73 5G.

Before you try out the recommendations below, be sure to check if your device's software and related apps are updated to the latest version. To update your mobile device's software, follow these steps:

Step 1. Go to Settings > Software update.

Step 2. Tap on Download and install.

Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Step 4. Restart your device.

When you have a new message, email or missed call, you will be able to swipe down from the top of the screen to access the Notification Panel and see at a glance what the notification details are. When there are notifications sitting in the Notification panel, you will also see an icon in the very top of the screen, as well as an Badge on the application itself. 

How to set-up App Icon Badges

Step 1. Head into the Settings > Notifications.

Step 2. Tap on Advanced settings.

Step 3. Tap on App icon badges.

Step 4. Choose your preferred badge style.

Toggle on Notifications on app icons to allow you to check your notifications at a glance when you touch and hold app icons on the Home screen.

Step 5. Long press on an application to view a notification, or select from a range of services.

For more assistance and guidance, you may contact us via our online Samsung Customer Care support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or our Samsung Customer Care direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

Let us know if you've found a solution by tapping "Accept as Solution" on the answer you like!

Stay safe and have a nice day ahead! Thanks for contacting Samsung.

0 Likes