cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Keyboard typing double letters or too many letters.

(Topic created on: 12-04-2022 07:07 AM)
edjay18
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Has anyone experience this too when you tap a letter in your keyboard once but you'll have them double or even tripled... I'm on an Android 12 OS... 
7 Comments
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Thank you, edjay18, for sharing your experience here, while using your Samsung Galaxy phone, having issues with touch sensitivity while typing letters on keyboard.

Really understand what's your feeling right now, figuring out why your Samsung Galaxy phone is having multiple characters typed whenever you're typing and don't know what to do next. Don't worry, we are here to help, provide quick fixes, and offer solutions.

A) First, ensure that your device is up-to-date with the latest Software updates.

Settings > About Phone > Software Updates > Download and Install > Follow On-screen instructions.

B) Running the Diagnostic Tools under Samsung Members app.

1. Run Samsung Members and select Get help on the lower half of the screen.

2. Tap View Tests located under Diagnostics.

3. Diagnostics checks, Individually Tap the following;

"Touch Screen"

4. Your Galaxy phone will then run through the checks.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the check.

6. You can view your results after each check is complete.

C) For more assistance, you may contact us on our online Samsung support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

D) Or contact our Samsung direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

E) If the problem persists, immediately bring your device to the nearest Samsung Authorized Service Center.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/

Hope this content is helpful and your device's problem gets solved.

0 Likes
Galaxy A

None of the solutions below work for me!

Galaxy A

There is no point providing a support link to the Philippines, when they will only support products purchased in their country. Sorry, but this nonsense!

0 Likes
Spydarr
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I had the exact same problem and here is how I solved it.

1. First, boot into SAFE MODE: open the Power menu, press and hold the Power Off Button, and select SAFE MODE when it appears after a couple of seconds.

2. While in SAFE MODE, confirm the keyboard is typing correctly (I used the Contacts app and made up a new person). If it types correctly, as mine did, another app is interfering with the keyboard.

3. Reboot normally. I started my search by looking at the programs listed with accessibility features (Settings - Security and Privacy - Privacy  - Accessibility special access) I turned off each in turn until I identified the culprit (AutoInput, a Tasker plugin).

4. If that didn't work, I planned on going through the Permission Manager with a fine-toothed comb until I figured it out.

5. The NUCLEAR OPTION. My last solution was going to be a Hard (Factory) Reset. That would erase EVERYTHING from the tablet. Then I would not let the auto-script load everything from my phone, instead only loading apps as I needed them, one at a time, with testing between each install. That should identify the troublemaker but it would **bleep** pretty profusely in the interim.

Hope this helps.

• Tab S2
  • Tab S9 Ultra
  • Wear 6 Classic
elislav
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

I had the exact same problem. I am so lucky to have found your answer right away. Thanks!

0 Likes
Nuno088
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Did you check if you have glove mode activated? That was the problem for me 

0 Likes
Landorin
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hi,

a little late but I kept having this issue on my Galaxy Tab S7+ since... probably always. It only happens on specific websites (such as Discord browser version): whenever I type something and press the dot key or spacebar it doubles characters or even full words, so annoying! This happens with swiftkey as well as Samsung keyboard, even after resetting it. Must be some bug. On some websites the issue does not happen with Samsung keyboard and I used it as workaround. Yet even this no longer works.

So, I finally took the time to troubleshoot it. Turned out it is the first setting of "smart typing": the "text prediction" feature. Once I turn that off the issue completely disappears.

Either look for it in settings of the Samsung keyboard or press the wheel icon in the on screen keyboard of the Samsung keyboard.

Unfortunately, I could not find a solution for Swiftkey. I turned off all settings and it still has that issue. Happens with German as well  as with English (UK) at the very least. This really must be a bug.

Screenshot_20240129_105447_Samsung Keyboard.jpg

0 Likes