Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Screen Burn-ins

(Topic created on: 12-08-2021 06:23 AM)
メメWOLFメメ
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy A
Just wondering well I haven't experienced it yet on my device but will the notification icons like the battery, mobile service status, and etc caused screen burn-ins?

If so what are the steps Samsung did to prevent this? I read some manufacturers made the icons to ever so slightly move every few minutes to prevent screen burn-ins.
10 Comments
IamRhai
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
I don't know what this is but I have a general assumption. If this means having dead pixels on an area, I haven't experienced this yet.

If this is the right understanding, I guess, Samsung does not have such a mechanism just yet.
Harri_s95
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
The brighter your display, the faster the pixels will decay. Go into your settings and reduce the brightness to 50% or lower. Reduce your screen's timeout length. Make sure your screen is turning off in less than 30 seconds to prevent static images from lingering. (Assurion.com)

AMOLED Screen Burn-In Fixes and Hacks

1. Lower screen brightness and timeout.

2. Use an immersive full-screen mode.

3. Change wallpaper to black.

4. Change the launcher.

5. Install an OLED friendly dark icons.

6. Install Firefox Mobile with a dark theme.

You can even install an OLED-friendly keyboard.
Source: Google.
Galaxy A
Thats I have set my brightness to 30% to 40% and screen time out of 2 minutes. I even turned on the auto rotate for the homescreen, well I spend sometimes an hour or a bit more when I'm choosing wallpapers lol I have 340 wallpapers and I sometimes can't decide.

Anyways have you experienced screen burnins if so, how long before you it started happening?
Harri_s95
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
No i never experience any Screen Burn in my phone before but that phone is strong! It last till 2020 but know using an LCD that's why.
Galaxy A
This is my 3rd Samsung device but my first device with an Amoled panel, well I never experienced burnins on my previous Samsung device (GT 6310 and J2 Prime) but when I switched to Huawei that's when I experienced burnins on a LCD panel which is odd, that's why this year I went back to Samsung.

I'll be honest I'm a bit OCD when it comes to this lol
Galaxy A
Well anyways thanks for answering..
Magnaguard
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
As long as you don't have elements in your screen that never change for a significant amount of time, you are safe. And yes, brightness does contribute. The brighter the screen, the higher the risk. But the duration is what matters most. The longer a static image stays in your screen, the more you are prone.

It doesn't matter if you use 100% brightness, if; a. the elements aren't static and b. if the duration is just for a short time.
Unknoẅn_useř
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
From what I know, the AMOLED/OLED technology is improving year by year so the chances of getting screen burn-ins will be reduced.. just follow the tips other members suggested to further reduced the possibility of screen burn-ins.
Galaxy A
I had it in my past Samsung phones but with my recent ones, I learned what to do to minimize and prevent it from happening. Pixel shifting may be what Samsung is doing (though they never really disclosed this to the public that they're doing this to their phones). But OLED tech advances too, so there might be factor that recent devices are getting less burn ins compared to the devices back then.