Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Security code in apps

(Topic created on: 12-26-2022 09:52 PM)
JiN139
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
You know I have been using and loving Samsung phones throughout the years! ♥️ One thing I would like to have on it is security code in apps (Messages, Messenger, or in any app preferred by user) for a better security. When would that be? :)) 
14 Comments
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hello JiN139,

Thanks for sharing your Samsung Galaxy experience and inquiry, here.

You may try downloading S Secure apps from the Galaxy Store.

https://galaxystore.samsung.com/prepost/000004637448?langCd=en  

S Secure is an app designed to protect and secure your apps, folders, content, and browsing data. 

Features on S Secure include:

1. Lock and mask apps:
Keep selected apps and their data private by locking or masking . This can be done via a pattern, PIN, password, or your fingerprint authentication. While Lock and mask apps is on, you can lock, unlock, mask or unmask apps. Once apps are unlocked, they will remain unlocked until the screen turns off. Masking an app will block notifications from it and mask it on your phone. Only downloaded apps can be masked.

2. Secure Wi-Fi.
Protect your privacy while browsing by masking domains and apps from the Wi-Fi provider. This also blocks tracker requests using the Easy privacy list and encrypts unsecure web requests. You can keep your IP address private from most websites and apps.

Disclaimer:

The default duration of Secure Wi-Fi sessions is 6 hours. Samsung Max can be used to extend the session duration every 6 hours, up to 48 hours in total. Turn on Secure Wi-Fi to set up a VPN connection and monitor your network traffic. Some websites and content might not be available while this function is on, depending on the service provider or mobile network conditions. Some websites may not be able to locate or track your IP address.

For more assistance, you may contact us on our online Samsung support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or contact our Samsung direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

JiN139
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
It is not compatible with Galaxy A73 5G.Screenshot_20221227_131511_Galaxy Store.jpg
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hello JiN139,

Thanks for the feedback, here and sorry for the inconvenience.

Can you try downloading Secure Folder ? from Google PlayStore.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.knox.securefolder&gl=US 

JiN139
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I already installed it.
JiN139
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Still didn't work
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hello JiN139,

I was hoping, this apps could you help with inquiry, here. But thanks for your feedback,  suggestions, and appreciate the time and effort you put in to share your valuable comments. This helps us improve our products, apps, and services towards enhancing Samsung Galaxy experience for all.

JiN139
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I will definitely wait for that. Thank you!
JiN139
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
So sad it doesn't work with my Galaxy A73 5G
0 Likes
Solution
EllisKai
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
can you find secure folder in your settings? I don't have A series but this article says A73 has it.

https://www.techyloud.com/how-to-enable-secure-folders-in-samsung-galaxy-a73/

i hope it's true and if it is, install your preferred app there, add them to your home screen, uninstall or hide the other app that's not in secure folder. depending on your setting, you will be asked for your unlock PIN, pattern, biometrics or password every time you open the app or after every sreen off.

did I get it right? I thought you were talking about locking your apps but I'm not sure. I do this on my 3rd messenger app and othersScreenshot_20221227_235442_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20221228_022035_Secure Folder_1000019315_1672165236.jpgScreenshot_20221228_000107_One UI Home_1000019307_1672156867.jpg