Did you mean: 

Original topic:

software update

(Topic created on: 03-05-2024 12:46 PM)
hinri
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
why is the camera app not working after android 14 update?
0 Likes
2 Comments
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Galaxy A

Hey hinri,

What issues are your camera app currently experiencing? 

Apps not working right are issues that usually arise after updating, as some files during the update either get corrupted / get dupliocated. However, this can easily be fixed by either: 1. Clearing the app cache for your Camera app or 2. Wiping your cache partition.

There's plenty of guides both here in Samsung Members and in videos online on how to do both if you aren't familiar with the process, but I'll throw down a quick one here as well:

Clearing app cache.

1.  Long press on the app you need to clear the cache for.
  2. Press the circled i button to access App info.
  3. Scroll down to storage. 
  4. Tap "Clear cache."
  5.  Restart the app to see if it works.

Clearing cache partition. (Requires recovery mode access)

1. With the device off, press and hold the Volume Up key first, then the Side key. Continue holding while the device powers on.
  2. When the Android logo displays, release all keys and wait until you get the Android system recovery menu options.
  3. Press Volume down to highlight Wipe cache partition, then press Side key to select it.
  4. Continue using the Volume down and Side keys to confirm your choice if prompted.
  5. When complete, highlight Reboot system now with the Volume down key and select it with the Side key.

Let me know if these fixes help bring your Camera app back to functional status 😄 

0 Likes
Pipiyok
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Ouch
0 Likes