cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Yellowish Display (Not because of the Blue Light Filter)

(Topic created on: 08-07-2021 12:11 PM)
17roses
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Hi there! So I ordered a Samsung A42 5g from a shop in an app, expecting it to have good display since it's Super AMOLED. I didn't expect the display to be so... yellowish. My blue light filter is off at this point, and I switched my display mode to Vivid. However, comparing it to my old Oppo A5s and my sis' OnePlus N10 5g phone makes it obvious that this phone is still more "yellowy" than it's supposed to be. To anyone who bought A42 5g from an official store, is the display really like this?
8 Comments
SagaOtaku
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
you dont even post a screenshot to see what its like.
17roses
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
A screenshot wouldn't cut it since it doesn't show how yellowish my display is. If you took a screenshot of your phone while it's in blue light filter mode and showed it to people who have it turned off on their phones, they wouldn't see how yellowish your display it. How can you not know that?
JedNelson
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Does this issue coverered with ur warranty from the online store? I checked with my friend's A42 but theres no something yellowish issue in the display.
17roses
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Last time I checked there was no warranty. I'm thinking of returning this for a refund while it is still new. It's really weird the display is not as white as other phones.
JedNelson
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
yes it should be weird for that thing, return it while its possible and maybe next time much better if upurchase an another one from a physical store.
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Hi! I'm Sam, your friendly Samsung Customer Service guy. Welcome to Samsung Members Community! Explore your new hub for all things Samsung and beyond. Earn the coolest badges and enjoy awesome perks from us by connecting with Samsung experts, super-fans, and other Community members for tips on features and how to get the most out of your Samsung product. Should you need technical assistance, don't hesitate to reach us via our TOLL-FREE mobile number #GALAXY (#425299) or via our TOLL-FREE LANDLINE: PLDT Toll-free: 1-800-10-726-7864 Globe Toll-Free: 1-800-8-726-7864 Standard Landline : (02)8-422-2111 Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM).

If you have bought your device just recently, you may want to reach our support team via our toll-free hotlines above, and we will gladly assist you with your concern. Hope to resolve your concern soonest! 😊

SagaOtaku
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
im using an IPS LCD display smartphone and i can notice the difference between an IPS PANEL and Amoled panel. The display is dim light because of crisp black of an amoled screen while the IPS Panel is pure light because of low quality blacks. now if i turn blue light filter is turn on the screen of an IPS Panel looks yellowish dim light because they capture the blue light from being seen in the naked eye so that it can less harm to your eye so that you can sleep easily at night. how much more if it is an amoled screen. that does make sense. if none of this answer this questions then you have to make an expense of screen replacement in repair services except in official store where warranty is still in credit.
17roses
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thank you for explaining! Now I've compared my phone again with my sister's, and my siblings have been telling me that my phone's display is actually clear. I guess me seeing this as a bit yellowish is just because this is my first owning an AMOLED phone. I'm still not used to it. I'm glad the problem was just me being a bit overthinking haha. Thank you for your thoughts!