Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Smoother zoom is possible

(Topic created on: 05-18-2024 11:16 AM)
jelo_
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Gallery
I don't really like how the camera zooms in and out and getting displaced as it changes camera. I just think it's possible to do this in a much smoother way.

terrible zoom

So here, I thought of taking one picture from each camera, overlay them, and stitch as it zooms in using a video editor to create a seamless zoom transitions between lens.

Here's 4 photos I took from each lens:
Ultrawide

Wide lens

3x Telephoto

5x Telephoto

If I can do a smooth zoom transition between all of these photos, then Samsung surely can.

Camera seamless zoom

I could've adjusted the zoom speed from the 3x to 5x for an even smoother one, but I did it. Seamless zooming using a video editor. 

I simply overlayed the wide angle over the ultrawide, then set both pictures transparency to 50%, scaled the Wide picture down and moved it a little bit until it matches the ultrawide, and then added a fade transition. I did the same to the other ones. Though tbh there's more I did than that, but everything was done manually. I believe I could've did it easier if I had some sort of AI video editing tool.

Come on, Samsung, do it.
1 Comment
Galaxy Gallery
I agree with the picture displacement when changing lenses. I see other users point that out. And it was very evident with your first screen recording. But does it affect the actual results? For example, is the displacement/lens switch noticeable when zooming in and out while recording a video?

I'm curious because the first screen recording is in photo preview while your "zoom transition" video is edited from the actual output.
0 Likes