Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 10+ LCD Replacement

(Topic created on: 04-24-2022 05:58 PM)
JP19
Expert Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Anyone knows of any platform to purchase cheap LCD? Thinking of replacing the faulty LCD and keep my Note 10+ as spare phone, now that I am moving over to my 4th Samsung smartphone. Currently using my Note 5 (2nd), while waiting for my Fold 3 to arrive.
0 Likes
14 Comments
Bobby_91
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hello again! My advise is to go with Samsung LCD replacement because of its quality and warranty coverage. I once got a screen replacement for my S7 at those third part mobile shop. It cost 80 bucks but lasted me less than 3 months. Somehow somewhat the screen turned purple and then black and I'm forced to replace my screen again. And so I went to have my phone serviced at Samsung (Taiwan) shop (as I happened to be there) and it cost me around $160~ for a new screen and a new battery. Phone returned as good as new man.

So, it might just be a good investment to keep the very powerful Note 10+ with a brand new screen replacement by Samsung.

Btw, I'm a ex Note 10+ user too! It's a very good phone! 😉
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hey again, yes definitely Note 10+ is an extremely good phone, except for its mediocre battery life. In nature, Samsung battery optimisation with Android has never been good. From my S3 to Note 5 to Note 10+, never felt that the battery was outstanding. But that didn't stop me from choosing Samsung phone as my daily driver, though before Note 10+ was the TouchWiz full of bloatware. But the UI was always clean as always, allowing full customisation.

Regarding the Samsung LCD replacement, the thing I don't like about Singapore's service centres is that they always charge out of warranty labour fees. Like as if the parts aren't already cheap.. So my intention is to slowly find an LCD and learn how to disassemble and assemble on my own.. or if not, I will look for MisterMobile charging at $328 for the original LCD replacement.

Just because of my silly mistake, to assume that my housing back cover seal is tight and sealed. I went to wash my phone after sealing off my back cover. Initially, I thought it was okay. Then about half an hour, my screen started tinting in yellow and flickering. By night time, it was flashing green and white. In daytime, the whole phone couldn't power on.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Kinda sad that I couldn't continue using my Note 10+, as it was such a power horse. And my storage variant was 512 GB. Got a free upgrade during pre order. My upcoming Z Fold 3 is 256 GB. As my Note 10+, I had only utilised 1/4 of the 512 GB storage capacity.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
May I ask if you switched out of your Note 10+ to Z Fold 3, is due to telco contract renewal?
0 Likes
Bobby_91
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Yup. Its due to contract renewal. Was itching for something fresh and the fold seems to be a perfect candidate. And actually for my Note 10+, the battery life is very good. It can last me thru the day. 🤣
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Oh for me, my Note 10+ battery can't last thru a day with a single charge. Will require at least 2.5 charges, as it's my daily driver. I use it for all my tasks like watching YouTube videos, social media apps, messaging, etc.

I just re-contracted again, but I have to pay $300 for early re-contract fee, as I alr re-contracted last Apr. Since I am using CIS and paying the early re-contract fee can shorten my contract as well. As the earliest I can re-contract without fee is supposed by end of this year, Dec 2022. Now that, my Note 10+ LCD is no longer functioning, had to spoil my intention of getting a new phone (most likely Z Fold 4) at the end of year.

Just curious, did u top up $150 for an additional year of Samsung Care+, on top of the free 1 year Care+?
Bobby_91
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I see. Nope. I just got the one year free Samsung care only. As I feel its sufficient based on the Samsung phones I've owned previously. Also, I'm a careful user so pretty sure the phone gonna be in good condition too after the first year. 😉
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Ah I see.. the only worry I have is the battery. From past experience, my battery don't age very well.. so if I were to purchase the additional year of Care+ will be mainly for the battery and also.. the free screen protector for both outer and inner display, which will prolong its lifespan for another 2 years, when the 2 years of Care+ is nearing its end by then. 😁
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Actually, same thoughts too. I was also itching for something fresh, besides a powerful rigid phone. Note 10+ is already a beast phone. Getting an S22 Ultra should be a no-brainer, but I know I will still get the same Note experience. So, wanted an "upgrade" of the current boring design. I have thought of getting iPhone 13 Pro Max too.. but same thoughts as S22 Ultra. Powerful, but boring phone.
0 Likes