Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

November Update N20U

(Topic created on: 12-05-2021 11:47 PM)
Galaxy Note
Finally! Last security update I received was August. Question for tech savvy members: do I still have to perform a wipe cache partition after installing this security update?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Magnaguard
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
I always do. And I never experience any bugs some of the people here mention whenever they update. Granted, not the same unit as mine but still. What I do is let it sit for 5 minutes after an update (finishing update). Then wipe cache partition after. No input from me between that except to enter recovery mode.

Kahit gaano pa ako kaexcited tumingin ng new feautures, magaantay muna ako nun hahaha. It's become a ritual of sorts for me every month (every update whether it be a security update or a major one).

View solution in context

8 Comments
Solution
Magnaguard
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
I always do. And I never experience any bugs some of the people here mention whenever they update. Granted, not the same unit as mine but still. What I do is let it sit for 5 minutes after an update (finishing update). Then wipe cache partition after. No input from me between that except to enter recovery mode.

Kahit gaano pa ako kaexcited tumingin ng new feautures, magaantay muna ako nun hahaha. It's become a ritual of sorts for me every month (every update whether it be a security update or a major one).
Jay-Sparks
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
For me, wiping the cache partition is not really necessary every after update as the phone will generate another set of cache/memory. The sole purpose of wiping cache partition is for troubleshooting like if there's major or minor irregularities of the performance of the device.

Kaya nga mostly sa mga newer released galaxy phones ay kailangan mo na iconnect sa pc para makapag wipe cache partition.

Samsung said that para hindi ma abuse at masira ang system ng device ay tinanggal na nila ang ability na makapag wipe cache partion on the device alone.
Magnaguard
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Sytem cache can and will contain files rendered useless by an update. And these files can be corrupted. There is a small chance but it is still a chance. I want to avoid that chance altogether. And the rebuilding happens as soon as you wipe it. The only difference is that it rebuilds only the files the device needs not including the useless ones.

You know why they made it harder to access the ability to wipe it in the first place? Because Factory reset does the same thing. It's quick, and all you have to know about the process can be explained in a single sentence. Can't do that with wipe cache partition. It's too much jargon for some people.
Galaxy Note
This is actually my first time performing this step, however it's not letting me do it. After doing th steps mag normal boot up lang siya tapos maglalabas ng message na system something fail. 😅
Magnaguard
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Need to plug it in a laptop then do the button combination.
Galaxy Note
Do I still need Smart Switch on my PC to do this? Or something else?
Magnaguard
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Nope. Basta kelangan lang nakasaksak sya sa pc or laptop. Ewan bakit ganun. Tried na isaksak sa charger, didnt work. Tried it na may nakasaksak na usb-c na earphones, didn't work. I thought basta may nakasaksak sa usb-c port, it would work.
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey there! Season's Greetings! We're more than glad to have your device updated with the latest security patch! It's great as well to see that your fellow members here were able to help you with your concern. 😊 Hope it solved your worries with regards to wiping the cache partition. Thank you for your unwavering support for Samsung! Keep safe and have a wonderful week ahead. 😀

0 Likes