Original topic:

Samsung rcs registration failed

(Topic created on: 09-19-2021 03:53 PM)
Laval
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
It literally says registration failed every single time. Please help me out here 🥺

15 Comments
Galaxy Note
I've been having that problem since Friday as well.

It worked perfectly before then.

It's also not working with the Google messages app.

Have tried clearing app cache/data, resetting the network settings, but nothing works.
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Note

Good morning @Laval and @Dolgogi, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Would both of you be able to send through an error report so that our team can investigate this? 

To send an error report:

Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right.

Galaxy Note
Have sent a report.
Have also noted that in my case, it could be Optus, as they are messing with my account, as we can't get Number sharing to work with my Galaxy Watch4 Classic.

Strangely, the initial "bot" I dealt with over the number share issue claimed it was a Samsung network issue.

I didn't know Samsung was a carrier now 😁
Laval
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Wait Samsung is a carrier now
Jez70
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Hi this is a known issue worldwide and from reading the community boards it's not related to your carrier or phone error. I currently have the same issue and I'm with Telstra. I was using Google Messages with RCS and then swtiched to Samsung Messages with RCS still functioning. The issue began when I switched back to Google Messages and then attempted to use Samsung Messages again. It's believed to be a issue with Google's RCS server attempting to verify and register your mobile number. Some people have attempted to deregister their number with Google's server and then waited about 10 days before clearing the cache and storage for messaging and carrier services and then turning RCS on again. It's believed to cause a reset. It's seemed to work for some. Apparently Google are aware of the issue
Laval
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Maybe it will automatically reset with the upcoming android 12 update. Thanks for your concern
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Here's Googles deactivation page for RCS.
In my case, it's says it can't and that I need to get operator assistance.

https://messages.google.com/disable-chat

Samsung checked my error logs, and advised its an issue with Google also.
Jez70
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Hi forgot to mention I did try the above a while ago when I lost RCS. It returned the same message but when I activated RCS a few days later it worked. It's a real hit and miss. Probably now have learnt a good lesson not to switch between messaging apps when it's working
Jez70
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Sorry me again. I just went and deregistered my number a few minutes ago, made Google Messages default, turned off WiFi. Restarted my phone, turned on RCS and it connected straight away. I've been trying for several days to get RCS to work again on either messaging app. I didn't clear the cache or storage for Google and Carrier Service. The only other thing I did today prior to getting RCS going was to install the September security update which was available to download. I'm using a Samsung 21 Ultra