Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Updated for note 9

(Topic created on: 12-27-2022 05:01 PM)
CKRemy
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Is the note 9 given updated to 13 UI 5.0?
I hope u can look into it.
Tkq
0 Likes
6 Comments
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hi, Note 9 won't be receiving Android 13 update. I think the last major update for Note 9 is Android 10. Only for 2019 and 2020 flagships will be getting 3 major updates and subsequently for 2021 flagships and some mid-rangers are getting 4 major updates.

Note 9 is the last batch of flagship series to be stuck with the 2 major updates. Android 8 to 10.
0 Likes
CKRemy
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Ok tkq. It's sad to hear that.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
But Note 9 is still a great phone, till today. 🙂 My guess would be the battery that will eventually fail to last with normal usage.

Samsung's flagships can last really long, if battery is not of a concern.
0 Likes
CKRemy
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
For mine everything perfect.just change the battery after 3 yrs.
In fact my wife is using it.
I'm using note20 . So far so good.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Nice to hear that. 😁

Battery is always the first component to fail and needs replacement after 2 years or so.

Till today, my S3 and Note 5's LCDs are still going on fine. 😆 Just that the storage and battery cmi alr.

Note 9 can easily last another 2 more years. 3 to 4 more years for Note 20. Samsung's screens are always ahead of the competition. Even a brand new mid-range screen still cannot be compared to a 4 to 5 year old flagship's screen. Hard truth to swallow. In the long run, flagships are more cost-effective than mid rangers and also provide better experience during the period of usage.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Hi...

I have just checked and confirmed... Note 9 series will no longer receive Software Update and Security Patch...

Your last Security Patch will be Sep 2022...

If you are in a rush to upgrade can get the S22 series which Samsung Singapore 🇸🇬 and our local telco r giving great discount now...

Or u can wait til Feb 2023 for the S23 series to launch...

Hope this helps...

Pls kindly click the 3 dots on the top right hand side of my comment and press "Accept Solution" if you feel that my solution is useful to you and this might potentially be a solution to help others too...

Thanks and Cheers...!!!
0 Likes