Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Vertical green line Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 06-22-2023 03:24 AM)
Marlon11
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
A green vertical line suddenly appeared on my screen. phone was not dropped. Anyone experienced this? Checked in the internet and you tube seems this is a defect experienced by Note 20 owners. 
8 Comments
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy Note

Hello Marlon11,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with your beloved Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra having issues with the green vertical line on screen. I feel and understand why you are worried for a device that you've take care so much. If my device is facing similar experience, I will be bothered too.

Before you try out the below recommendations as to your solution, be sure to check if your device's software are updated with the latest version. Please check how to update your mobile device's software in the following order. 

Step 1. Go to Settings > Software update.

Step 2. Tap on Download and install

Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If that doesn't fix the problem, you may submit an error report through the Samsung Members app as follows:

Step 1. Launch the Samsung Members app, and then tap the Support icon for more options.

Step 2. Scroll and select Error reports.

Step 3. Choose a category of your concern. Select "Display".

Step 4. Choose the frequency of the issue you are experiencing. Enter issue details or attach a video or screenshot. Then press Send icons to complete the report. 

How to submit an error report on Samsung Members app? | Samsung PH

If the issue persists, immediately bring your device to the nearest Authorized Samsung Service Center in your area. Rest assured that your device will undergo an assessment to pinpoint the root cause of the issue. Our Samsung engineers and technicians will guide you and offer solutions to restore it.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/

or book an appointment with the Samsung Members app as follows:

Support > Book an appointment to set one.

Should you need further assistance and guidance, you may contact us via our online Samsung Customer Care support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or our Samsung Customer Care direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

Be sure to click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" when you find our answers helpful to you.

Stay safe and have a nice day ahead! Thanks for contacting Samsung.
0 Likes
MyAstec
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Yes same case as mine. Wasted one week at samsung service center and was told i have to oay P13k+ after discount to replace sceeen. I disagreed. It is should be no cost. Not our fault
0 Likes
Marlon11
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Oh so they have to replace the screen. Yes it's not our fault. From what I read it is a hardware defect affecting OLED 120 hrtz screens.
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Bring it to a Samsung Service Center to have it checked.
Marlon11
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Thanks for the prompt reply. Will try to update first.
Marlon11
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
after updating the green still there. we'll I guess as other samsung members experienced this said I have to bring it to samsung service center where they will charge me a lot of money to replace a screen with factory defect.
0 Likes
Marlon11
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Now there are 2 vertical lines. Dumadami pala. May mga S21 na rin pala na affected ng screen defect na ito. pero common sa Note 20. Avoid ko muna Samsung flagship models until ma resolve ng Samsung ang defect na ito. Sana kahit hindi umamin ang Samsung na factory defect ito, gawan nila ng solution para sa future products nila. Kawawa naman ang makabili. So expensive after 2 yrs lang sira na screen
0 Likes
totete
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Have the same green line problem. Brought my phone to the Samsung Service Center. Was told that the screen needs to be replaced for P11K.
0 Likes