Original topic:

5G phone but Without 5G Antenna.

(Topic created on: 01-29-2021 11:20 AM)
IsaacIshida
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Did you know, Samsung Galaxy 21 Ultra 5G phone Exynos version, there is actually no Antenna for 5G connection? Without a 5G antenna means no 5G. So what is the expensive price for?
EddieCS
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
😂 He is trustworthy cuz this youtuber and MrWhoseTheBoss debunk last year's Exynos 990 vs Snapdragon 865 differences. They defended that Exynos versions are getting short end of the straw with lesser battery life and unsimilar performance while constantly thermal throttling which resulted in a phone that performed weaker than 2019 phone (S10 and Note 10+) that has Snapdragon 855. You buy 2020 phone and got a 2019 performance and battery life. How would u feel?
0 Likes
StephCY
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Ohhh, forgive me. I didn't click on the link to the video. Haha.

Also, the reason why I got a Korean version of the S20+ was for the Snapdragon 865+😛
EddieCS
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
If I've known there was such difference, I would hav bought the same instead of launch day Exynos.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Malaysian version doesn't have the milimeter wave antenna only but have 5g chip, watch #jerryrigeverything
0 Likes
IsaacIshida
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
yes, we only have the chip, but not mm antenna for 5G. So without antenna not much you can do? we pay with high price but we get less.
0 Likes
Mchhh
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
i thought it was built in the Exynos SoC ?
0 Likes
IsaacIshida
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
That is chip.. we talking about antenna. TV without antenna...any good?
0 Likes
EddieCS
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
It does support 5G. There are 3 types of 5G connection. There's Low Band 5G, Mid Band 5G and millimeter Wave (mmWave) High Band 5G.

Since any 5G spectrum also faster than 4G LTE, it is still counted as 5G doesn't matter if its Low or High band. Exynos version doesn't support mmWave High Band 5G due to missing the antenna physically so that may be why Host concluded it isn't 5G.

It was as shown in JerryRigEverything latest teardown video at timestamp 2.22 as his is international version which is Exynos. At least know there are different standards of 5G then no wrong info will be tossed around.
IsaacIshida
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
That is the problem, snapdragon have the good one. We paid for same high price.
0 Likes
EddieCS
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
If I were to import a s21 ultra snapdragon 256GB version USD1249 from Amazon, it costs RM5568.19 include shipping. Considering here we get those freebies together, I think Ok la.

We can always wait for 1~2months later to see if price drop below 4k mah since we going to get 2.2 sale, 3.3 sale, 4.4 sale and what not. I've seen brand new Note 10 Ultra, priced RM5199 dropped to RM3899 in 2 months time which is quite a bargain. In the end, you get the same phone minus freebies lo. Samsung flagships never retain their value over time so give it time and then you pay the amount that you think its worthy to own lo.

Paying high price doesn't guarantee you must get the same treatment anyway. We pre-order and buy early because we want to show our support to Samsung, tell the world we can afford it and for the sake of experiencing the latest technology earlier. What else the new phone does that older 1, 2 or 3 year old phone doesn't? **bleep**, how many always zoom 100x everytime or even take a picture side by side their older phone and say "Yes, the new phone take pictures that look sooo much better than my 1 or 2 year old phone." 🤣🤣